How sweet are we?

Zaad

I have a hard time understanding those jealousy outbursts in a society where Mia Nois are so widespread.Wouldn't some local ladies (secretly?)think their husband is a loser if he can't get himself at least one mistress??

Besides I had TGs getting very angry at me,but none of the worst occurences were linked to infidelity

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

[color:"red"] where Mia Nois are so widespread [/color]

From what I know from freinds, "Mia Noi" is NOT widespread. Now, having said that, my freinds and my brother's values can be different from the Thais you have known. However, "Infidelity" is very wide spread. Many Thais I have met do not feel too badly about men going to brothels, but most do not like the idea either.

I don't know about the temper outbursts which seem to be a part of personalities traits with Thai/Asian females. I still think it depends on the females, how they are brought up (not to sound like a snob here). I do have quick temper but violence is not my style (please do not tell my husband know this).

I would not think that the wife should think the husband is a loser, if he does not have a "mia noi", should think that he is a man with integrity and honors his wife and family. ::

Cheers!

Jasmine, I think perhaps that men aren't talking about mia nois or other exploits as openly as they would have in the past... I'm sure it is still going on in a pretty widespread way, but who can really tell???

But I certainly agree with your last comment...

Hi Jasmine

While you may be right,I'm not sure you'd be informed of very manly matters,as who goes to the brothel or who supports a Mia Noi.I'll agree though with all the following

"I don't know about the temper outbursts which seem to be a part of personalities traits with Thai/Asian females. I still think it depends on the females, how they are brought up (not to sound like a snob here). [...]

I would not think that the wife should think the husband is a loser, if he does not have a "mia noi", should think that he is a man with integrity and honors his wife and family"

Hi,

I was surprise many times of what some of Thai male friends told me. One of them even took me to see what a brothel was like. My Thai female friends have resources everywhere when it comes to tracking husbands.

I don't believe that "mia noi" is very common in Thailand, I think infedility is. Have you seen any stufy on the subject?

Khun GTG, where are you? What do you think about the "mia noi" subject?

Cheers!

"I don't believe that "mia noi" is very common in Thailand, I think infedility is. Have you seen any stufy on the subject?"

uh...I don't know what a stufy is...I'm not an expert in the matter,I understand there's a financial side to it,more people can afford infidelity than a Mia Noi.No idea though of what percentage of thai men wish they had a Mia Noi,may be related to the number wishing to have a flashy car :D

Says jasmine:

Khun GTG, where are you? What do you think about the "mia noi" subject?

Well...to make it short - to me Mia noi is unacceptable and generally unhealthy for all party involved.

But I can understand those girls want financial support so they choose to be a mia noi than being a mia luang to a poor guy.

However, I've seen some financially indepedent women become mia nois too. Must be love or lust or both. ::

If you read the thread Diary of an ex-bg posted by Think too mutt, you will find that when I called his gf a mia noi, people jumped at me ! So, my conclusion is many board members think that being a mia noi is bad as well. If they think it's ok they wouldn't have done that to me. They viewed that I attacked his gf personally. But I was just stating the fact. If I'm not mistaken he was still married when he started to have sexual relationship with her.

TTM, you can correct me on this one.

:: :: ::

Archived