Reincarnation as a BG.

Zaad

I was thinking about including a poll to this thread and post it in the poll-section, but I?m afraid I would only get answers. As I?m much more interested in the reason behind the answer than the answer itself, I decided to post it here.

Moderator, feel free to move it if a better home is found.

Serious question.

Many of us know the goods and bads of life as a BG. Or better, we all think we know. I?ve read endless discussions about both positive (easy money, finding good farang husband, etc) and negative (drug problems, diseases, etc) aspects of this lifestyle.

I think most of us have ever though about how easy or difficult life is for a BG. But these thoughts only last for some minutes and won?t approach reality whatsoever IMO.

Whether you?re a Thai woman/man/expat or simple tourist, we all have our opinions about BGS. Whether you deal with them daily or never, some parts are known about them and some parts aren?t. As long as you aren?t ?wearing the shoes? you?ll never know exactly what a BG feels, experiences, loves and hates about her profession and life.

Everybody has his/her own amount of information about BG-life. Whether you got it from other people, stories (internet/books) or the BGS you?ve met, it?s all about your opinion/knowledge about and respect towards them and their lifestyle.

Now my question:

Let?s say for now that you?ll be reincarnated and have only 2 options; reincarnating as a BG or not reincarnating at all.

In other words; do you think you could live a happy and decent life as a BG or do you disgust (or feel sorry for those who have less choice) a BG?s life and wouldn?t want to experiece the dangers and unhappiness yourself.

Which option would you choose and please explain why?

PS: I created this thread with all do respect towards BGS.

That is an unanswerable question.

The way we are raised and the experiences we have that guide us from childhood to adulthood color the way we view certain things. Our religious and ethnic heritage also hold some sway over our perception of right, wrong, good, bad, etc. So you could not answer this question truthfully until you actually had been reincarnated and the choice is at hand.

Also, One has no memory of past lives until one reaches quite a state of enlightenment if my memory serves.

>Let’s say for now that you’ll be reincarnated and have only 2 options; reincarnating as a BG or not reincarnating at all.

I don't know what what choices I had but my present incarnation started in circumstances similar or (when you take the weather on the location into account) worse than many of the bar girls as children may have had to endure.

Made my way up, and strangely, probably that's why I tend to be biased when someone on the board attacks them.

Being a bg in my next incarnation? Serving a sentence or turn to my own devices?

If the later, my bg carrer would have ended before it had started.

I'm not going to try to paint the life of a Thai bg as a big bowl of cherries, but make no mistake - in the bigger scheme of things (human population over the past few thousand years), your average Thai bg is probably somewhere in the top quintile (or better) of quality of life, compared to all the rest.

Of the 6 Billion plus souls alive today, think of all the wretched souls - in Calcutta, Ethiopia/Sudan/Somalia, Chiapas, Moscow, Pyongyang - as infinitim. I'd rather be a Thai bg than an average schmuck in Bumfuck North Korea.

Think of the Queen of Sheba (if there ever was such a person - or similar) - who had no concept of a glass of icewater on a hot day, or having a decaying tooth repaired, or popping a couple of antibiotic tablets to kill a strep throat.

Hell - think of Madonna working her ass off at a KFC restuarant, or Bill Gates sleeping on the floor of Microsoft's first offices in Albequerque, subsisting on soft drinks and pizza. Or the present US Ambassador to Vietnam as a POW there for way-too-many years. How about a Wehrmacht soldier (or one of Napoleon's soldiers) retreating from Moscow during winter? Would you care to return as a minor nobleman in a European city during the great (Bubonic) Plague?

Etc., etc., etc. For someone who has never slogged through real shit-hole slums (the worst I've personally seen were in Cairo, and in Panama) or refugee camps, the plight of a downtrodden Thai bg might seems to be the nadir of existence, but - trust me - the life of those girls outside the "chained to the bed" brothels don't even vaguely compete in the competition for wretched lives.

Me - I'd come back as a Thai bg - I figure if you have your health, and your sense of humour, you can always rebuild a good life from just about any temporary collapse. But I'll choose to be one of the bgs who first attended university - education also helps.

Cheers!

The Fighting Fish

you could not answer this question truthfully

You're right, it's not realistic.

I'm just trying to get an idea of the members' view on this kind of lifestyle, their good/bad experiences with them their opinion/knowledge and finally conclude whether they think they could 'walk in their shoes' or not.

And, of course, why they could or couldn't.

the life of those girls outside the "chained to the bed" brothels don't even vaguely compete in the competition for wretched lives.

If you look at it this way then I have to agree with you that life as a BG wouldn't be all that bad IMO of course.

There are probably some BGS who have a short and unhappy life due to drugs, badluck, bad customers or bad friends, but being a BG doesn't guarantee you an unhappy life.

It's usually what you make out of it and what you value in life.

I think you would make a fine BG. :D:p:D

Well, personally that is a decision that I could not make. It is so beyond my conception of what their lives are like and what they endure, it would be impossible. I was just stating my opinion and did not mean for it to appear that I was donig anything other than that.

On a side note, I have always prided myself while in Thailand that any lady I take will enjoy the time with me as much as I enjoy the time with her. I try to do things to make them happy and am always treated well, and enjoy my stays immensley. I realize that I am not by any means the most attractive man alive ( not the ugliest either ) so I try to be in the spirit of sanuk at all times. Works out quite well most of the time too !

Chok Dee !

Archived