Chinese New Year

stumpy

Hi I was thinking about visiting Pattaya on the 12th of Feb for a week or 10 days. However I would appreciate any views on how busy the place in likely to be with the Chinese New Year (what date is the Chinese New Year?)

Also how busy are the hotels that period?

Thanks in advance.

Chinese New Year starts Feb 12 and icludes Feb 13 nd 14. Actually the most important day is New Years Eve, Feb 11.

Farang oriented business is not much affected.

Many Chinese businesses will be closed, and you will see many Chinese tourists. About half the population of Hong Kong and Taiwan will be in Thailand.

It's not even half as bad as farang New Years, which was not too, too big of a hassle. You should be fine. The ladyboy shows will be sold out, and Royal Garden will be packed, but the small hotels without tour agency contracts will not be full.

Have a great trip you lucky stump_dog, you! laugh.gif" border="0

PS--I second the notion that Chinese New Years is the 12th.

By the way, in the UK, is Land Rover running the same advertising campaign as in the USA? Don't know what made me think of it, but it goes like this:

(from a guy on the street to a couple in a new Land Rover with their window rolled down)---

"Take me with you." (pardon me??) "I said, Take me with you. Please. I. I have a bottle opener on my key chain. Please! Take me with you. I. I make great guacamole. Please, take me with you! We can explore...." laugh.gif" border="0

As I said, I just don't know what made me think of that crazy.gif" border="0 Perhaps it was your post, stump_dog. wink.gif" border="0

Just like to confirm that Chinese New year kicks off on the 12th.

As a western guy working in Shanghai, I always leave for BKK over their party period as this place becomes a dead city.

I never have any problems with BKK around this time, only the flights...

Their always full to the brim, even business class was last year, and if you know anything about Chinese people, they don't have the best manners in the world..

Anyway, should be no probs...

See you all on the 11th.... laugh.gif" border="0

Originally posted by savaloy:

[Their always full to the brim, even business class was last year, and if you know anything about Chinese people, they don't have the best manners in the world..

What a racially blanketed statement about Chinese! Could the same be said about the Germans, French, and Americans away from home on holiday? After all there's over a billion Chinese celebrating the biggest holiday of the year, and who said they're not entitled to blow off a little steam during the holidays?

Thaistyx,

I didn't mean to sound racial, and didn't mean the Chinese people only over the holiday period... only.

I meant in general, from day to day...

To watch them run for the plane is very funny, barging past everybody and even pushing little kids which I have seen on a regular basis..

Don't get me wrong I'm not perfect ( far from it) and neither is anybody else but the Chinese do have alot of catching up to do in the world of manners... From living and working in BKK to working and living in China was one of the biggest culture shocks I have ever had...

I won't go into this too far as it could get out of hand.

Sorry if I offended anyone..

Have a nice day..

Savaloy You are not being rude or racial, you have merely stated a fact the chinese are fucking rude!

I agree with everything you have said, Thaiatyx must have a stange idea about acceptable queing or table manners. I have a chinese neighbour and the sound of her expectoration each morning is disgusting. Chinese Thai drivers in their penis envy Mercedes Benzes really piss me off too. I am seriously thinking of buying an old Mitsubishi Jeep, filling the doors with concrete and punting a few off the road!!

They are bastards for the farang double pricing too, not to mention TIBET!!!!

Ouch, CI. You are in a naughty mood today. Did the Lil'CI keep you up (crying) last night, or something? frown.gif" border="0

Not to say that I'm not on Khun Savaloy's side of this argument, however! smile.gif" border="0

Archived