Accupuncture For Low Back Pain

New Petchburi Pete

I am in extreme lower back pain. This is not a new problem for me. It seems as though I get a few episodes a year. I would be interested in trying accupuncture; but, I would like a referral from someone who has experienced success with this form of treatment for the same problem. Any recommendations? Thanks to all who can offer advice.

Pete,

sounds like you are in the same boat as me. It al depends on your injury/condition but rest assured that so long as the needles are new on each use (and you see them coming out of the packet) and the practitioner knows what he is doing then it can do you no harm.

If you are considering recieving this sort of treatment in BKK, then i would say that there would probably be some top notch practitioners in the old china town area. But as with all things, the best guys go by word of mouth, so best ask a chinaman. But remember accupuncture is not a cure but more of a localised aenesthetic.

The best results i have had with it is when used in conjunction with massage (1st to loosen things up), secondly some gentle manipulation (if loose this is just a case of moving your arms and legs around rather than the bone crunching they do at chiropractors) and then finishing off with a good accupuncture session (to settle all the nerves down and ease pain).

As I said it all depends on your condition. I have 2 ruptured discs in my lower back and it seems to help. Although the best thing is to loose any excess weight.

Archived