Japanese Connection Needed

StoneSoup

It's a long story (including an ostrich farm.....no, I'm not even going to go there....), but I find myself appointed as exclusive sales agent for four domain names that should theoretically have clout in Nipponville:

www.tadano.com

www.tokyogiants.com

www.pocarisweat.com

www.nationalpanasonic.com

If there is anyone on the board who is wired into anyone in Japan who might be influential in positioning a successful sale, please contact me via the contact info posted at those domain names.

Thanks,

The Fighting Fish

Hi Stone Soup, you may be a few years late for this type of thing.

Now with .co.jp, .ne.jp etc, the need for a .com has diminished IMHO.

The Giants official site is http://giants.yomiuri.co.jp/ and offers no English at all. However, with star slugger Hideki Matsui heading to the majors (Yankees is the word) they may want to promote themselves abroad. The Giants have deep, deep pockets, but as the team almost always plays to a capacity crowd anywhere across the nation, they may not see the necessity for buying a .com and creating an English homepage, as is the case now.

They also always refer to themselves as the Yomiuri Giants now, just to please their bully boy owner Watanabe.

But what the heck, don't know if you don't try.

As for National Panasonic, they already have http://www.panasonic.com/ which IMHO would suffice, but if you're not digging for gold you may be able to convince them to buy the site name just for advertising purposes.

Anyhow, Good Luck, PM if you need more help.

Hi !

I spent several hours yesterday with UAL875 here in BKK, who gave me much of the same info. He indicated that you were with [*** some dumb company ***]

I've since been investigating Matsui's announced defection to USA (I could REALLY use his e-mail address, if that is available anywhere), the Matsui/Barry Bonds home run contest, the NY Yankees sudden interest in Matsui (and maybe a relationship with the Giants), etc.

For the other names, I am working to pursue sales by creating "situational" demand - based on recent news events at these corporations, relevant personalities, etc. Example: An advertising agency or public relations firm trying to unseat an incumbent rival at one of these companies might find it useful to offer the domain as part of their proposal - thereby demonstrating their creativity and attention to detail.

The future will probably last a LONG Time. Something resembling the current Internet (or at least sustaining aspects of the DNS system) will most likely persist for a long time as well. For many years to come, domains ending with dot.com will continue to be seen as the mileposts that separate the early players from the future upstarts.

Try naming a new pharmaceutical, or a new automobile model these days!

Now I just have to convince the Japanese that dot.com is better than dot.co.jp !

I am really astounded that Matsuhita Electric still uses the National/Panasonic (red/blue) logo as their visual identity. There is no such product, or division, or anything. Only their Indian subsidiary actually uses those two names together.

I am handling this project out of necessity (to secure other, unrelated business from the client), and - just to see if I can do it - create demand out of thin air.

To my amazement, I am in the process of doing just that in other areas of my business, so I know that the unlikely is possible - with persistence, creativity, and a hell of a lot of old fashioned luck!

Thanks.

"Let the good times roll!!!"

The Fighting Fish

domains@indo-siam.com

*** edited to remove personal information ***

Archived