News from the Northern frontier

buffalo_bill

This is not a a political thread, terms like "Purachai" and "GoGo" are used for reference only. The word " political " is for reference only and owned by Time-Warner . " Beer " is just beer and no political statement.

:

Received a phonecall from my ultralongtime-girlfriend yesterday. ( Chiang Rai , restaurant-operator , Burma-border.) Since the crackdown started , one GoGo-bar and one disco closed and the majority of the restaurants in her vicinity. Police enforces 1:30 closure and the Thai-guys do not like it and stay home. Bad business . Final desaster was that the police went heavily after the hilltribe ecstasy-distributors who were/are the major contributors to the local entertainment industry. THis was 3 weeks ago. In the meantime the hilltribe-distributors start coming back although different persons. The beer-sales from her local distributor are 25 % less than 2 months ago.

Whether good ar bad, no doubt there is a major impact due to Purachai's activities. What surprises me though is that we have learned the Thai Police is a world record holder in accepting bribes, so what is this now ?

Dear Buffalo-Bill,

Your introduction to this posting

has just cracked me up !

Maybe the should be a topic heading

'General Political and Whingeing' ?

There are a lot of important issues

to be discussed that quickly encroach

on the term 'political' .The incidence

you quote from the GF in Chiang Rai

shows how the average person is being

hit in the pocket...no wonder they are

not best pleased. The is a saying "Never