This really pisses me off

jp1

...... as it is for a respectable Thai lady. She is one who feels the embarassment...... I am inclined not to be forgiving of racism in Thailand.

----------------------------------

I am losing the plot here. Are you saying that thais are racist against the lady of their own complexity seen with a farang, or that they become racist against farangs as soon as they are seen walking with a thai lady, and she is embarassed. No thai lady, not racist anymore? Not sure what you mean...

Or do you say that thais are racist anyway (at least BKK thais), but you could accept that as long as you don't have a thai date, and thais do not stare down at you in the skytrain and elsewhere.

Personally, I have been in the skytrain with my bona fide "Issan brownie" GF, never seen an eyebrow raise up or down, quite suire it happens and people may think what they want too, but i rule my days, and I pity their ignorance if they do.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think_too_mut isn't my tag line classic?! haha. I stole it from someone on here who quoted Redd Foxx. The tag line actually has more to do with racism than any anti white woman sentiment. Personally I enjoy the company of all types of women. In his day Redd Foxx could be lynched to be seen with a white woman, hence the joke.

On another note, I do feel bad for 'regular girls' being labeled if they are seen with falangs. I'm sure most of us on here would think the same whenever we saw a falang with a thai woman.

However, by the amount of e mails flying back and forth across the net from 'non working girls' to falangs on places such as ICQ, etc. it appears either a large number of Thai girls either don't care or willing to risk the label.

As far as racism, some of it is based on limited personal experiences. My first trip to LOS I stayed at the Grace and they told my friend and I they had no rooms left before we even got a word out. When they heard our accents they had a room all of a sudden. It appears that Africans were skipping out on their bills (doing a runner I think is what Brits call it).

I was also told once that some apartment buildings with falang/thai couples may 'offend' native Thais. Basically they see us and a BG as the equivalent in the states as seeing a Japanese tourist walking around with the stereotypical Sunset Blvd hooker ala 'Pretty Woman'. Skimpy, loud clothes, bad manners and ethics. How many Americans would laugh or snicker at a site like that? That was what I'm told is how us falangs appear when we are out with BGs.

Personally, I could care less, but others do I guess.

Double pricing really pisses me off too. I remember my wife and my good self went to a waterfall place in chonburi and there it was,as plain as day 2 different prices to enter the park . I said to wifey,whats this,it says here 50 baht and next to that sign was a 200 baht sign. I asked wifey to ask lady what it meant and then the squabbling started,my wife was going apeshit. I said to my wife what the hell is going on?

She said there was 1 price(50baht) for thais and (200baht) for farrang. I couldnt believe what i was hearing so I simply turned to the woman in the box and said "stick it up your arse"

In discust walked out and drove home very pissed off. ::

[color:"red"] I am losing the plot here. Are you saying that thais are racist against the lady of their own complexity seen with a farang, or that they become racist against farangs as soon as they are seen walking with a thai lady, and she is embarassed. No thai lady, not racist anymore? Not sure what you mean... [/color]

P127, I am saying that many Thais are racist insofar as they make the assumption, when they see a Farang man-Thai woman couple, that the Thai is a prostitute and the Farang is her customer, if this assumption is based entirely on the race of the 2 people. A person is not racist 'against' someone, the racism is an attribute of their personality. It may lead to discrimination 'against' someone, such as a landlord refusing to rent a room to a customer. Of course, a Thai who is racist in this manner does not stop being racist when they are not looking at a Farang man-Thai woman couple.

[color:"red"]Or do you say that thais are racist anyway (at least BKK thais), but you could accept that as long as you don't have a thai date, and thais do not stare down at you in the skytrain and elsewhere.

[/color]

It depends on what sort of discrimantory behaviour their racism would cause. If it was the occassaional racial slur directed against me, Mai Ben Rai (sticks and stones will break my bones ...). But if they started herding all Blacks into concentration camps because a few Blacks committed crimes in Thailand, no, I would not accept this.

[color:"red"] Personally, I have been in the skytrain with my bona fide "Issan brownie" GF, never seen an eyebrow raise up or down, quite suire it happens and people may think what they want too, but i rule my days, and I pity their ignorance if they do. [/color]

It is to your credit that you are able to remain unaffected by the raised eyebrows. I hope that your ladyfriends feel the same way. Indeed, I look forward to the day that we all can indulge in our fondness for Thai ladies without having to deal with racist attitudes. Ahhh, but I am preaching to the converted again.

Harlequin

My apartment block does not rent rooms to Thai males. Only Thai females and foreigners- korean, japanese, farang of any sex.

It's run by a nice elderly Thai guy, and I once asked him why this is and he said that he used to alllow Thai guys to stay here but he had too much trouble in the past with drinking, raucous behaviour and fighting with their g/fs.... now he wants to provide a peaceful place where Thai girls can feel comfortable. Is he mad..with all us perverted farang here?

Now I know this is not indicative of Thai males as a whole. But the area where I stay and the cheap cost of my apartment might have something to do with the type of Thai males that it attracted.

All in all I'm happy with this arrangement as I mostly get to look at Thai females and their roommates all day with the odd foreigner around

FF

Hi,

If I were to live by myself in Bangkok, I would like the type of arrangement like you have.

Being partial of course, I trust Thai men much less than other foriegn men. It is not because I have lived in the West for over 30 years, to explain why I feel that way is way too long to write.

But that is me!

>What I have notices is that mixed couples are stared at when she is particularly dark or really young, or when the farang guy is really slobby dressed.......

Nothing like that, I even abandoned my surfie clothes for long trousers, timberland shoes, buttoned shirts (her advice that's been also confirmed on this board many times).

Maybe she looks odd to them? 25cm shorter than me and same weight...maybe they would want to suggest I find a proper bar girl instead of chiang noi?

double pricing has been done ad nauseam on every "thai" site i 've been on. Seems to ruffle a lot of feathers, and i know you say no such thing yourself, but for farangs to put down all of Thailand and its people because of this kind of policy is just too much. I mean, what is it in the scheme of a whole trip to Thailand, especially, and for example, as 25$ get, one sex and young vibrant company. Sure sounds like half or quarter-pricing to me, given how many are contented and too happy to come back. IMO

I look forward to the day that we all can indulge in our fondness for Thai ladies without having to deal with racist attitudes

---------------------

happening everyday. Here in Pattaya..... it would certainly lead to severe neurological damagesand compulsive behaviour syndromes, if thais start raising an eyebrow everytime they see it :: :: ::

Archived