Carabao Daeng?

check_bin_krap

To me Karabao Daeng tastes a lot better than the others. But this is probably an illusion.

I see a certain difference between promoting someones else's brand and starting one's own brand. Karabao's audience is pretty much the target group of these drinks (I can't understand how someone can put the words "flower power" in the same sentence as Karabao) - the people who would like to be Naksu Phu Ying Yai, but unfortunately aren't. So why not give them their "own" drink?

Bangkok middle class mainstream has forgotten Karabao anyway. They prefer Parn.

OK i'm late on this but I've seen the commercial for this drink. Haven't you?

Can anybody tell me what does a parade of Thais on a rampage through a village killing everything in sight and showing a Thai attempting to rape a woman have to do with a drink?

[color:"red"] OK i'm late on this but I've seen the commercial for this drink. Haven't you?

[/color]

Yeah I've seen it. It is a bit graphic and unrelated to the drink. I guess Straycat could be right. Manly men drink Carabao Daeng. I too really have no problem with it.

I think the whole fuss being made over these drinks is a bit muh. I mean the nation did an Editorial on it for god's sake.

I like the commercial where the guy gets hit by a car and then drinks the drink and all is well. Classic. I laugh my ass off when I see that one. What drink is that one for?

Underground music has recently been targeted by multinationals as a way of gaining some sort of hip "gen X" credibility for their products. It seems everyone eventually succumbs to the lure of filthy lucre over respectibility. Someone mentioned not wishing to see the rolling stones promoting something like jock-itch powder, well I am sure you could find hundreds of instances where their music has been hijacked for commercial reasons. The Who also went the same way a long time ago. One of the only bands I know who have resisted this push are the Dead Kennedys, and only because former singer Jello Biafra has the rights to the song "holiday in cambodia" which Levis wanted to use. I think all in all though, selling out is inevitable for most, after all, not many of us get the chance to cash in like that.

Cheers

Jasga

Archived