Craig Bellamy

Long Gun

nice one Racha.

but let's go a bit further,any foreign player playing for Arse should be sent home when they transgress......555555.

as to the Bergkamp stamping issue.

ok,he done something wrong,but it was'nt a bad 'stamp',no-one hurt and very powder puff,but still a no no.

he should no better with his experience.

but in his defence,i think many of us can think of something we have done in the heat of the moment without thinking.

Bergkamp complaining that the media have got him into trouble is complete bollocks.

football matche's are covered by press and tv and should they censor what happens on the pitch?.

has he ever complained when a fantastic goal of his is shown on TV?.

did he complain about the media showing his goal against Leicester 2-3 years ago which won him 'goal of the season'?.

you have to take the good with the bad,do not commit a foul and you will not be bought to book.

this season we have seen abberations by Seaman,Barthez and Dudek.

in the highlight programmes,should the TV companies not show the incidents?,want to spare the particular players blushes.

do the player's(and i'm talking of every club)just want us mere pleb's to see only the good thing's?.

are we not allowed to see anything bad they might commit?.

Says chocolat steve:

Back to the Boateng incident, I was really disgusted with the suggestion he made that he was the victim of racist comments, playing the 'race card' just to get his butt out of the sling. Its disgusting of him to suggest it knowing its a lightening rod issue.

Aye, I think you hit the nail on the head. Strange that it should occur as both teams before the Leeds encounted were wearing "Stamp Out Racism" T-shirts.

Says Bhat_Man:

Straying away from the initial post but still on the point of forearm smashes. I can not believe how George Boateng has got off with what wrestling fans would call a forearm smash on Zola the other week. I am amazed at the investigatory skills of theses muppets at the footbal league.

Me too. He got away without an investigation because the ref confirmed that he'd seen the incident and yet decided not to take action!

Bellamy's a prat but I feel a bit sorry for Shearer. As he pointed out, the Italians were all over them all game. I'm sick of the cynical cheating Italians. I thought there was supposed to be a move to clamp down on the persistent shirt-pulling and theatrics that they shamefully bring to football. More of them should be sent off. If they're going to retrospectively act on Shearer, they should do the same with the cheating bastards who pull him back throughout the game.

Call me Chocalat Arsene because I was looking at intent. ;) The player who was on the other end of the 'samp exonerated Bergkamp.

As for Shearer, he's 'aggressive' but I definitely think the Italians play a dirtier game and to a lesser extent the Spanish clubs. The one thing I respect about the EPL more than Serie A and La Liga is that they don't flop nearly as much, especially the English, Irish and Welsh players. They take their knocks as well as give them for the most part. Any flopping is usually done by foreign players.

Arsenal has been a lot better in terms of bookings this year but I still think that they do get some bookings because of their repuation over the last couple years, especially last year and its easier for the referee at times. This year there have been some very questionable bookings.

i see Shearer has been given a 2 match ban.

serves him right.

how long has he been around?,should'nt he know better?.

he give's as good as he gets most games and for once he's been caught out.

yes the 'foreign'teams are very good at falling down and playing a bit more dirtier.

but i know this,you know this,so why can't the british players comprehend this and just be a bit more careful?.

i never said the italians were cheats,just that the foreign teams are better at the cynical stuff.

yes they should be punished for their actions,but referee's on the continent are more blase towards their actions.

but i just wish British clubs would be a bit clued up against the opposition.

a thing i notice is the raised foot thing.

in the Man Utd game,O'Shea was penalised for having his foot 3 foot above the ground(his opponent had his foot raised as well),but the ref gave a free kick,this rarely happens in british football.

and yes,i hate Shearer,and am delighted he has been caught out for once.

Archived