adoption of baby in Thailand/Cambo

Sounds good, I bet all those girls love your tender sensitive side. Would you mind passing on the contact and or location details of this place, a friend of mine in Oz has been looking into adopting as his wife cannot have kids and they were looking into Korea. I may take a look out here for them and ask some questions and let him know all about it, then they can make an informed decision to come and look for themselves.

Its called the Pakkred Baby Home, out at Pakkred, which is very near my work.

Freeway out Chaengwattana, then turn left at Pakkred junction, first soi on Right (You need to do a u-turn).

I will get you a phone number and also the number of the lady organising the white ladies who go out there and look after the kids.

She's a bit of a battle ax but her heart is in right place.

Thanks, phone number would be good. As for the white chicks, I think in an earlier post you sounded like one of the kids was out staying at a white families home for a time, is this like some kind of sponsorship and the kids get a weekend away or such at different periods to the families home??

Hi Rootrats,

here's the adress;

Songkla Baby Home

57/5 Moo 2, thambon Pawong, Amphur Muang

Songkla

074 333 223 / 333 832

If you come from Nakohn Si Thamarat towards Songkla driving on the 408, at the very end of the 408, where the signs to either Songkla or Hat Yai are, just after you've droven over some lakes, it's at that end of the 408 at your left hand. First there's a hospital, than the Baby Home.

It clearly reads Songkla Baby Home, drive thru the entrance gate and take an immediate left, at the end of that little drive way there's the admin house.

Good luck.

If you go, take some food canned milk etc), they'll appreciate it and distribute it amongst the kids.

Cjeers,

Limbo

Hi Rootrats,

you're welcome!

If you want to bring something, bring some food, that's much more appreciated than fluffy animals or things like that.

You even get a receipt for your gifts! I was well impressed with the way they were organised.

Good luck on ya mate!

You do know where Songkla is, I hope. That's quite a bit away from BKK!!

Limbo

Lol, well I don't exactly know where Songkla is yet, just asked the missus and she said down round Phuket ways, shit and I was going to go out and jump in a taxi and give him the address. He would have thought all his xmas's come at once, couple of hours driving and I would have become a tad worried, no money in the pocket to pay the taxi or for a fun time somewhere. Anyway, can you confirm it is all the ways down there, if it is, no problem, when my mate confirms the regs from Oz and he wants me to look into it, it would just be another excuse for a trip down south, just a real one this time.

Hi

I wrote a reply but it didn't make it through!

The babies (Aged between 2 months and 16 months) are useually "Paired" to the same volunteer for every visit the volunteer come on.

The point someone else made re fluffy toys is a good point. Pakkred has heaps of fluffy toys, but I also know they appreciate $ and food.

You need to know what they want though, which is what the womens group did - ask the Pakkred people what they needed then donated it.

After 6 months the volunteer can take the kid home, useually weekends.

They like to know you a bit first!

Also not all White women, 60%, maybe, the rest indian, indonesian, alsorts.

Archived