IMEI and SIM Lock for mobile phone

Specifically, I can buy an unlocked Sony Ericsson T68i in Thailand. If I bring it to the US and I can get say AT&T Wireless to sell me service/SIM card, will it physically work?

Yes it should work, but will they do it is another question. I tried this with Pac Bell a couple of years ago and they wanted me to purchase a two year contract, and then charge me to add my IMEI to their database. As I was only there for six weeks it didn't seem like a good deal. I inquired about this with AT&T again this past fall and was just getting bounced around by clueless telemarketers. The international rates they were quoting were also twice what I pay with i-pod (singtel).

AG

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was (and still am) an AT&T Wireless customer, so paying a monthly fee in the US is a given.

But in any case, as I posted yesterday, I got myself an AT&T T68i in the US and had it unlocked at MBK for 800 baht.

Says valentinoxxx:

I rarely use my mobile phone without a 'hands free' set, so it's hardly ever on view. Holding the phone up to your ear is 'so last century'.

[color:"blue"]

I really noticed this vanity in HK over last weekend ... I mean practically everyone from teenagers to janitorial workers had wires hanging out of their ear ... this is SO passé.

I mean ... if you are really going to be "hands free in this century" .. come on ... BlueTooth is the way to go, right??? :: [/color]

Archived