It's over and I am wonder if I was wrong

"Love also means that your partner will follow you (the money earner) wherever you happen to work to make a decent living. Be this in a "cold" country, a "warm" country or a "hot" country. The unwillingness to do so says alot about the priority list of those girls and that you are at best on a 2 digit number position.

Sorry but only my 2 Rappen worth."

The issue of moving from your home country for a husband is a complicated one. When it comes to girls who don't have a career, get money from their b/f's and refuse to move their love can be questioned.

But what if the girl has a job, has invested a lot of time and effort in an education? Which not necessarily is useful at all in farangland? Or maybe she is currently in the middle of her education?

While I find it weird that some girls are unwilling to move, I also think one has to know the situation before passing a judgement about why.

As for myself, I would never consider entering a relationship if the girl is not willing to move to my home country.

Cheers!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're really asking a lot for someone leave behind everyone they love meaning their mom and dad and their family just to go off to a completely strange country with you. And then to imply that if they don't do this then then they don't really love you is almost abusive to me. Sometimes when I read these responses I see so much self centered behaviors, it's really shocking how really cold some of the men on this board can be.

"You're really asking a lot for someone leave behind everyone they love meaning their mom and dad and their family just to go off to a completely strange country with you. And then to imply that if they don't do this then then they don't really love you is almost abusive to me. Sometimes when I read these responses I see so much self centered behaviors, it's really shocking how really cold some of the men on this board can be."

If the only reason for not leaving Thailand is that they can't leave mummy and daddy, the love isn't strong enough IMO.

If other factors are involved its a different matter.

It most cases I don't think this is a problem at all. Its natural so sort out this stuff before entering a relationship. Some farangs choose to move to Thailand, some are comfortable with a "wife" in Thailand as they also have one at home.

Its a fact that if Thais could move to western countries freely many more would leave. So I don't think its that difficult for Thais to move. I know many in farang/Thai relationships, but not in one of them is this a big issue.

Cheers!

Daddydog,

Does this mean, in your understanding, that a guy having a relation or being married to a Thai girl should move to Thailand and leave his job, house etc. behind? You cannot be serious. Such a couple has usually two possibilities. Either stay in the home country of the guy where he has his steady income, his house etc. or that he quits his job, sells the house and moves to Thailand to do........what? He will not get a job paying a decent salary and if he buys a house etc. it does not even belong to him. I think that is an easy decision to take and I am with check bin krap that I would never ever enter into a serious relation with a Thai girl not willing to move to my home country.

For every guy that says he wonders about whether or not a girl is really in love with him based on her position as to whether or not she would be willing to move giving up everything and moving to a completely foreign country there is a girl that is saying if a guy really loves me he'll leave behind everything he has known too. Both positions of not wanting to leave everything one has known has merit for different reasons and may not reflect on how deeply the person loves the other one. That's all I was trying to say...

Also I find it interesting that if a person has a great job in a country after years of hard work it's understood that expecting them to up and leave is understandable. They may hate their parents and not have many bonded relationships but having a good job seems to cause some understanding as oppose to some uneducated girl without very good job prospects but who loves her parents and is very close to them and her family but that doesn't gain the same understanding.

I feel this situation is pretty touchy for a lot of reasons beyond whether someone has a good job or not. It's an emotional issue and I'm speaking from experience. I didn't see my mother who I loved in this life more then anything for over twenty years. I was able to go back and see her only when she was dying. I think we have to look at the whole picture before we make a judgement about this.

I wrote this in a hurry so I'm not sure I explained this very well. I hope I have...

I get your point Daddydog, its hard for many to move.

I don't think its always a case of what one WANTS to. Sure many foreigners want to move to Thailand. But unless the lady in question is the breadwinner, its hard. How many foreigners are in a postition to get a job with a reasonable income in Thailand? What kind of social benefits do they get?

So its not really a case of who is willing to give up what? Its a question of where it is possible to live together. And if the person who has to move, is not willing to do that the love is not strong enough. Its simple really.

You didn't see your mum for 20 years Daddydog. Its common for Thais living abroad to visit home whenever they have a long holiday, once a year or so. They often build a good house, and plan to retire to Thailand when they can afford that.

Cheers!

I would never ever enter into a serious relation with a Thai girl not willing to move to my home country.

I think nobody should if she doesn't have a good reason for it.

I think people should only make this big step of leaving their friends/family/job etc. behind (like I did) if they're absolutely sure about their love for their TG and vice versa.

Any doubts should result in not making the step.

For me the most important is that I don't regret a single second about my move to LOS and also the fact that my TG is willing to make the step to farangland and continue her study.

>If the only reason for not leaving Thailand is that they can't leave mummy and daddy, the love isn't strong enough IMO.

That's it. They have no greater love than that for anyone. It's a given, a known "variable". Maybe you can find some ways around it, but you can't stop it.

Try to get an Aussie girl to move to your country. No mum&dad issue at all.

It's a given, a known "variable".

---------------------------

to my life too. Not that i owe anything to my parents, except love and due respect, but for every (thai) girl I have thought could become my wife, a strong consideration was how she would be a fitting addition to the family tree. Some, no matter how much i fell for them, just did not step up to the plate, a very personal plate I admit, but I may have saved myself from some embarassment and I am glad i saved my closed ones from it as well. Sorry for being a bit off-topic.

Archived