Manhattan, Regency Park, or Rembrandt??

Raven

I will be staying in Bangkok next month. I am looking for a hotel on the edge of the Sukumvit scene in the moderate price category. I will be seeing non-BGs during my stay, including one that may stay over. I might also find a new friend in Soi Cowboy - it could happen.

My requirements are a nice hotel, that is guest friendly. The location should be somewhere that the non-BGs don't have to travel by bar beers to get to, but still close enough to the action for easy access

The Rembrandt seems good, and in the upper limit of my price category at $55 a night. But I worry that it may not be bar girl friendly. (Even if it is guest friendly, a bar girl with a bare midriff and Frankenstein boots may seem a little out of place there - you never know what they will wear when they change.)

The Manhattan seems ok, but I have heard mixed reports on whether it is guest friendly. Also, does it have a location (SUK Soi 15) that requires passing by Clinton or Thermae? (good and bad on location). Its also cheaper.

Regency Park on Soi 22 seems like the right mix. Anyone stayed here? Guest Friendly? The price is right for this one.

Another one is Taipan. How does it compare to the others?

Thank you for suggestions and comments.

>The Rembrandt seems good, and in the upper limit of my price category at $55 a night. But I worry that it may not be bar girl friendly. (Even if it is guest friendly, a bar girl with a bare midriff and Frankenstein boots may seem a little out of place there - you never know what they will wear when they change.)

Go for Rembrandt Apartments. Building adjoined to the hotel. One bed with everything (incl kitchen, m-wave) should be about or less 2100Bht.

Guest friendly, 5 days not a single request for ID.

Sorry, I doubt you can sell any of this places to a non-bg. The hotels are simply where they are.

Maybe Rembrandt is less of it and it's a short stroll to the Queens Park where you can sit in open and enjoy your day with whoever is with you.

Taipan is, for Soi Cowboy, almost what Nana hotel is for nana plaza.

It is guest friendly if you book for 2 people (2 weeks old report from a friend).

I don't recommend the Manhattan for your purposes. I stayed there while trying to find a more long term apartment. Though I never tried to bring a guest in, I saw many who did, and I know for a fact that they have a guy who stands at a podium by the elevator and collects IDs from girls. If you're bringing a non-BG back to your place, and she has to give up her ID to go up to your room, then she may very well feel like you are treating her like a prostitute. If you are interested in staying on Soi 15, then check out the thread for the Royal President.

If you're bringing a non-BG back to your place, and she has to give up her ID to go up to your room, then she may very well feel like you are treating her like a prostitute

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes a very good point. So if you have a real GF or Thai-wife my experience is to

order the room in your and also her name. Then there will be not this IC-card

problem, ooh except in Somerset (see my thread Somerset), then in Somerset

they let my GF wait one hour till they phone to my room to tell me that she is arrived.

>If you're bringing a non-BG back to your place, and she has to give up her ID to go up to your room, then she may very well feel like you are treating her like a prostitute. If you are interested in staying on Soi 15, then check out the thread for the Royal President.

Ahem. Maybe nobody's gonna ask for the ID, but "Don't Disturb" flag on almost every door at the Royal President can give a similar idea. Still OK, other than that sleepy guard on the chair in the underpass, nobody's going to see them.

My bet amont the three is still the Rembrandt Apartments. Because it's a bit away (5 mins walk) and closest to the park. To make sure a non-bg is anything under 100% pissed off.

Contrary to popular beleif, bgs don't give a flying fuck where you take them. Don't they make the most of their leg-work income in ST shitholes (300Bht)?

Raven,

I'll answer on the Regency on soi 22...........

About 5-6 bars across the street ( like 10 meter away ) and right at entrance of the hotel ( actually in their building ) left AND right are 2 beerbars !!!!!

Sure they are guest friendly, and at Bt 1300 - 1600 Bt a nite incl breakfast it is not bad.

Then again, bars and trade is really obvious there, maybe not really what you had in mind :)

Cheers !

The Rembrandt seems good, and in the upper limit of my price category at $55 a night. But I worry that it may not be bar girl friendly.

[color:"blue"]

Some of my friends stay at the Rembrandt apartment and it's guest friendly ... don't know about the hotel. No beer bars in this soi ... so fairly *normal* but close to Soi Cowboy.

[/color]

Regency Park on Soi 22 seems like the right mix. Anyone stayed here? Guest Friendly? The price is right for this one.

Make sure you book a double here ... I personally never had a problem in this hotel but have read feedbacks in the past about joiner fee issue ... especially if one does not book double in advance. New beer bar area (Queen's Park Plaza??) just down few the street and one right across the street (entrace to Washington Square area).

[/color]

Another one is Taipan. How does it compare to the others?

Taipan has been reported as not-guest friendly these days ... many joiner fee issues reported including one personal friend of mine who, after one night, moved to Grand President.

[/color]

Excellent information, as usual.

Aw .. shucks ... it's nothing really ... :o

[/color]

Looks like it will be either the Rembrandt Apartments or the Royal President

I have one friend who stays almost exclusively at Royal President ... and he likes it a lot ... and he's a major slut ;)

Also you might want to check out Somerset Lakepoint .... also a very nice place to stay (a favorite place of another frequent visitor to BKK) and near Soi Cowboy. Their website is Somerset Lakepoint

[/color]

Raven,

If you're going to try the Rembrandt Serviced Apartments, I would suggest e-mailing them to negotiate a rate. The website quotes $50/75+ for a studio/1BR (don't know it that's net), but I got THB1500/1800 net early this year. You may want to see what they offer, then say you were quoted the above rates at the Omni or similar and see what they counter-offer.

reservationapt@rembrandtbkk.com

Archived