OZ embassy makes it even more difficult to get vis

jai-dee

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you consider that we have a PM who is threatening to send our troops into any Asian country which houses a credible terrorist threat to Oz, you are getting off easy :)

Not sure how much longer we will even have an embassy in Thailand, Indonesia or Malaysia at this rate. JH seems to have become infected with the tough-talking style of his hero, George Dubya. Unfortunately, we dont have several hundred thousand troops to back it up .... I'm surprised that it was greeted with so much seriousness by our Asian neighbours.

much sooth spoken again Artie. When I see fellow Aussies who think this way it doesnt make me want to get on the next boat out. I honestly think Johnny only loves whities, his 1950s white middle class protestant values give me the shits, but then again thats how he stole the ground from under pauline's feet and survived for another 3 years in Canberra. BLECCHHH!

Cheers

Jaga

This country is going to hell in a handbasket, Jaga. Still great for tourists, but those of us who live here seem to be increasingly taxed, regulated and generally shafted by a succession of 'potplants with lips' (sorry to use the quote, but I laughed so hard when I heard this reference to the Liberal candidates in the Victorian election !)

To the Aussies who are still living OS - stay there, you'll only be disappointed by the state of the nation if you return :(

If you want the 'old' Oz, head for NZ.

artie,

what about that muppet howard's latest gaffe regarding the issue of pre-emptive strikes? Mahatir on TV tonight vowing to send aussie troops home in body bags if we dare encroach on their sovereign territory. Johnnie has little understanding of the dynamics of the region and has summarily buggered up the good work done by Whitlam Hawke and Keating vis-a-vis our northern neighbors. god spare us all, he is laying the foundations for a war the likes of which previous generations hoped this one would never see. I nervously anticipate all the appologising and explaining I will have to do on my forthcomming trip to Indo.

Cheers

Jaga

I can confirm that there ARE, in fact, some Kiwis left in NZ, and they know how to party. I still have the taste of that Steinlager hangover in my mouth from '91 !

The other thing that impressed me is that they were accepting of us even though we were Australians AND AJ's. None of the usual aggro 'You bastards are just here for our women !' crap.

Still, it does seem amazing that a country of only 3 million people can continually export so many people and still have enough left to keep the home fires burning. I have a soft spot for the majority of my Pacific brothers, despite the stereotypes. Just wish the Maoris and the Islanders could mend their (centuries old) fences.

91eh you have a good memory then.

Your remarks about NZ remind me of a former PM of NZ who was asked to comment on the fact that so many New Zealanders were leaving for Australia and whether or not this fact bothered him.

Not at all he replied it is good for both countires as it raises the average IQ in both Australia and New Zealand.

I am sure that he had this reply ready for some period of time just waiting for the right moment to use it

Archived