MACs in Thailand

the_numbers

Advice:

I am thinking of getting a iBOOk, or mac of some sort as I am about to embark to Thailand for several months.

To buy stateside --- or to buy in Thailand.

My question is firstly MACs are availabe in Thailand, but how are the prices? and iPODS?? anybody know. They are running like 499 in the states right now. new iBOOKS with 14" monitor are 1000-1300 about..

Secondly if I bring it will it cause me mostly myriad headaches working and e-mailing attachments to PC based work/office in Thailand.

Recommendations?? thanks. ::

cheers,

numbers

Macs are available in LOS but unless you need a Thai OS or Keyboard, they're cheaper in the US. The built in Mail prog included with OS X is a good un (you can bounce Junk mail!) and I've had no problems with emails and attachments to and fro from PC's. I'm not in LOS BTW...

IMHO

If you do decide you want to buy a Mac in Thailand the best Apple store in Bangkok is the one in Siam Discovery near Asia Books. Copperwired (AppleCenter.) They are most well informed folk in town and also the best after sales support as well. I believe you may pay a little extra there though but they are the best bunch of guys in town.

Archived