www.belovedking.com

Straycat

An overview on what is happening in Krung Thep during the celebration of His Majesty the King Bhumiphol's 75th birthday.

Main Page in English

Index Page (in Thai)

I found it particularly interesting that some people will arrive at odd hours, as for example: '20.19 hours - Arrival of His Excellency, the Prime Minister and his wife.'

Under the heading of 'Commence of Buddhist Retreat dedicated to H.M. the King' you will find out that during 15.30-17:30 hours there will be a 'World Championship Boxing Match (Nationwide broadcast by TV Channel 7 and Global Network)'

Long Live the King!

Well, I know that. I thought though they wouldn't care when it came to a schedule published on the Internet. Furthermore, not all events or people are blessed with a 9. Or even a lowly 7 or 3 :)

Strange also with the monks from the Sangha. They are represented by 10 people. ::

Has anyone checked out the donations section?

Body Donation?

The donation of bodies for medical studies creates great merit. The act of giving creates happiness in both parties--the donor is proud of giving while the recipient receives what he/she needs

Do you think they would question a farang dragging a dead bodie onto Sanam Luang?

"Hey I was just trying to make merit. ........Uhmm, where did I get the body?......Errrr, would you believe Bodies R' Us?"

Organ Donation?

"Hi, I'm from America and in honor of H.R.M.'s B-day I'd like to donate the organs of this young virgin. .........What do you mean you can't accept this? .I paid a lot of money to her parents in Mae Sot for her organs............"

I don't know, this just seems a little weird to me.

OK, wait a second. I read the prose a little more carefully this time.

In commemoration of His Majesty the King's 50th birthday

Uhhmmmm, excuse me but wasn't H.M. placed on the throne around 1946?

50th? Am I missing something?

I knew the Thai calender was different, I just never new it was this different.

last late night, i was watching the TV, with HM, apparently in great mood, addressing the nobility and ministers, and whatnot. He semed to tell a good story and all laughed at his quips. does someone know what was the stories told by the King? How humorous was it, really? Thanks

PS:Also, noticed he drove the car himself when leaving.

Archived