Why wont they help??

Torneyboy

Why wont Thai GF or Thai wife help to learn to speak the language.

I Have been learning for some time now but my new wife avoids helping.

She says why you learn...you want talk thai lady??

Yes i say you are a thai lady!!!

So i go to a teacher twice a week for 3 hours a session.

it is easier if you have someone to practice on (so i call LOS most nights)and have fun with my Mp gf and friends on the phone.

So why will they avoid helping?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's easy. They don't want you hearing (understanding) what they are saying. Sanuk mahk mahk talk behind falang back.

Sister talking to your G/F....."That cheap, fat, smelly buffalo of a boyfriend you've latched onto, has a face uglier than a soi dog, and is not as smart, either". G/F turns to you and says, "Sister say you velly good man, and she like you stay with me forever. She say you very good for me, like no other man." ::

HT

I doubt it. Even if you get reasonably good they could always flumox you by talking faster, speaking in a strange accent, making extensive use of idioms, etc.

I think it's just laziness. Helping someone else to learn your language, with all the repetitive practise involved, can soon get boring, particularly for people who come from a culture with a low boredom threshold. It's too much like hard work. For the same reason, I bet your wife actually prefers to talk to you in Thai, or will, as soon as you are proficient enough.

Hi,

I have the opposite problem, my husband does not or is not interested to learn Thai. I have created many lessons and encouraged him to remember words by association. He would do it a little bit to humor me and then gave me this doleful looks.

Nothing is perfect!!! :(

I believe they are "protecting" their man...If you don't know Thai you will find it very difficult to converse with other Thai people (read women)....and if you do, well the possibilities of something happening with another Thai girl significantly increase (yours OR girls desire).

I was talking to the Missus last night about spending 6 months in Bangkok learning Thai full time....While she likes the idea of me being somewhat fluent in Thai she also gets worried about the reaction/motives when a TG meet a farang who can speak Thai.

My 2 satangs worth...

SB.

Archived