Vountary Redundancy - jump or not to jump ?

gobbledonk

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have a check in hand with you commit to leaving?

If I had that I would probably walk.

I've been out of work (IT) since September,2001. I would probably do things different again if I had that choice to make. I would concede IT is dead and move on. I'm almost prepared to do that now as this year has been a wash for the most part.

Have you ever been to a SE-ED bookstore? Take a look at the books in there sometime.

Software Park is on Chang Wattana right at the top on the right hand side.

Also, what are you doing in Software Park? Can foreigners rent space there. If so, on what visa are you working on? Investment?

I operate from my wifes Condo with my laptop. What does Software Park buy me and what are the rates like?

Steffi,

Stories loke yours gave me pause before I took the cheque, but I did take it. I have had one interview in the 11 days since I walked out, and there is unlikely to be another opportunity until mid-January. The money on offer is pretty disappointing - if I get that job, it means taking a $25K pay cut. Remember when no-one would move for less than $10K MORE ? The upside is that they seem like a decent crowd, and the job description is up my alley.

I'll let you know if I got the job I interviewed for, but I've steeled myself for a long, hard road. Not getting a job for several months actually has a big tax advantage for me in July, so its not all doom and dogfood :)

Good luck in BKK.

More ignorance - what's a "SE-ED bookstore"?

I'm not the one in Software Park - that's JimmyBlonde (sounds like Reservoir Dogs ::).

Btw, I wouldn't call your situation a total waste of time - at least you've been in LOS the last 5 months while a lot of people have been getting no further careerwise but more miserable in their homelands.

Archived