Hau Hin

vinod

I was planning a 2 days side trip to Hua Hin a sea side town close to Bkk I would appreciate if anyone have been there and give some info about the night life & guest friendly hotels. I did check on the banner (ad) on this board, but thought fellow memebers will have better info.

thanks

vinod

Oh, gosh. So much has been written here about Hua Hin already. I suggest you try the Search option on the board. My wife and I much prefer Hua Hin over Pattaya, but many vice versa. Look through the posts and get a feel for which one you might prefer.

Oh,

You've checked the banner... sorry didn't read the post fully.

I think most hotels are guest friendly... reasonable rates can be found too. The newish Euro guesthouse off Phetchkasem road is good value... it's quite laid back here and can be quiet during the week.

hau hin??? is this in germany?

if you mean hua hin:

nice beach, but very limited nightlife; official closing time midnight, but you can find several bars staying open later

a lot of cheap, guestfriendly accomodation (there was just recently a thread in the accommodation section).

good seafood.

I've stayed at Hilton ... at top floor, one bedroom suite decorated with teak furniture overlooking the ocean.

Played golf during day-time and went out for a quiet dinner with my g/f, my driver and his g/f. Good place to relax and play golf ....

I think it's better to bring "the sand to the beach" .... as one street full of beer bar had only 2 to 3 ladies working at the time ....

The midnight closing time, which was never "official" is not being enforced. There is still a bit of uncertainty about what time to close, especially as the chief of police has been replaced in the last few days (apparently) Most bars will keep going if they have customers in, albeit in a low key way.

Archived