Myanmar ladies

Do you guys know about the scene in Yangoon and Mandalay??Where to pick up freelancers and is there any problem to bring them to the room.I'm looking preferably for cheap rooms BTW,15 to 20 bucks.What about the brothels or massage places??

Cheers!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Yangoon, eastern Inn will allow "visits", clean air-con hotel for 15$ and a 5$ charge if bringing a guest. Be warned that the freelancers in Yangoon's expensive hotel discos are twice more expensive than the ones in BKK. Going price 2 years ago was 50$, and that may not mean waking by your side in the morning (they may have other jobs or go to school, I had a date that had to fetch water in a well for her family at 4am in the morning, even if untrue, what a great excuse!). As far as "skills", do not expect much, they have not had too much sanook to practice with, lately in Burma, and it shows. Drinks are 5$ in these places too (double-pricing that would make a thai blush with shame, ahah).

Better try the little discos on each floor of a couple buildings near the Sule Pagoda/mahabandoola ST. The evenings there are a better scene that crossing the path of tailored suits businessmen in the rich hotels. definitely more of a burmese scene, but still friendly and westernized ("fashion shows" every night), freelancers yes, but even not considering that, it's fun to hang out in these places, though they close at midnight. There you get 2 drinks with entrance fee of around a couple bucks.

Thanks for your answer P27!

Wich hotel are you referring to?Have you been to the Royal City Yangoon?What about the burmese discos you're mentionning,aren't the locals afraid to mix up with esterners?

Have you been to mandalay??

cheers!

This is related to something I have often wondered about. I saw a statistic that 800,000 illegal immigrants from Burma are in LOS. I wonder how many of these are working as bar girls? Doubtful they would admit where they are from due to their illegal status, kind of like some Laos girls saying they are from Isaan. So I wonder how many encounters people are having with Burmese and never know it.

Wich hotel are you referring to?Have you been to the Royal City Yangoon?What about the burmese discos you're mentionning,aren't the locals afraid to mix up with esterners?

Have you been to mandalay??

-------------------------------------------------

Well, when i was there, the scene was mostly at the Equatorial basement disco (BUBBLES, I think), but it moves around, according to the zeal of the local police to crackdown on one place. My friend, 2 months before i went, had a great time at Kandawgi hotel, but when we were there, there was hardly 20 people in the club.

I do not know the hotel you talk about, or I forgot. Burmese are the kindest people i have met in SEA. In discos, they are basically like the thais, they leave you alone, or you get to meet some who will be ineterested to talk with you.

Even with the universities closed, it is easier to meet a burmese talking good english than a thai, and frankly, IMO, they have more conversation than thais too, and will not be afraid, in private, to talk politic with you. But the disco-goers, I they are mostly young kids, i mean just above teenage years. So are the girls, BTW!

I think there is always the chance to meet an older one more interesting as often, as i said, they moonlight from other jobs or school, and may not be jaded or too pro. Or not!

But these discos are open to foreigners with no staring at you. Actually, every floor usher will try to convince you to go to his disco (my favorite is on the top floor), but they are so deferrent in doing this, and if you deny them the pleasure, they will say "thank you, Sir, maybe next time...Have a good night!", while lighting up your cigarette.

I have been to Mandalay and a few other places, but my habit is not to absolutely get laid everywhere I go, expecially when i don't know how the girls have been led to work in the joints.

Away from the few Yangoon spots I talked about,It's just not the same scene as in Thailand (or very close to provincial non-farang sex joints in LOS), and it'd be great not to wish for yet another sex industry, though this is probably what will happen when the country REALLY opens up.

I will cry that day, because the burmese deserve so much better (so did the cambodians). Not everybody can do it as coolly and as fun as the thais have done it, and where we accept it's part of the landscape.

When are you going? I am feeling antsy about Myanmar again, just talking about it!

Hi

I'm supposed to be in Myanmar over New Year,about ten days.

A friend told me recently that Royal City Yangoon is a cheaper alternative to Equatorial for the girls

I'm checking now on the web for the Eastern In hotel but don't seem to find any link.Do you know how to contact the place?I'll check tomorow on a travel guide,should find it.

Do you have any tip about Mandalay,things to do besides getting laid that wouldn't appear in the Lonely Planet?(wouldn't mind about girls though...)

Escape rabbit,burmese girls are known to work in thai brothels,I remember earlier this year police arrested a couple or few dozen foreign girls working in Natharee MP.Many of them burmese if I recall properly.They were eventually freed thanks to a work permit given for "other activities" or something alike.I don't remember exactly but it shouldn't be difficult to get it from the BKK post website

cheers

I'm checking now on the web for the Eastern In hotel

----------------------------------------

Burmese can't have any access to the internet. the big hotels, i am sure, as most are owned by people in the Army or connected., but a 15$ a night place, no. I am sure this s still the policy that the government has to check the e-mail before you (even a tourist) can send it and approve. so no posting on Nana for those "Burmese Days".

I thnk i have the card of the Eastern in my belongings, so i will post it if i do. May very well, go around those dates, nothing planned though.

i doubt you find anything in mandalay, that will put a smile on your face as far as ladies for comfort. The place is big, great temple crowds, and markets, I was not overly impressed by it, but some were.

>Away from the few Yangoon spots I talked about,It's just not the same scene as in Thailand (or very close to provincial non-farang sex joints in LOS), and it'd be great not to wish for yet another sex industry, though this is probably what will happen when the country REALLY opens up.

I will cry that day, because the burmese deserve so much better (so did the cambodians). Not everybody can do it as coolly and as fun as the thais have done it, and where we accept it's part of the landscape.<

Don't want to stir the shit but you are providing the details for the Burmese sex business and at the same time hope it wouldn't become the sex industry like Thailand.

PLEASE spare your tears. You are part of them already.

"Away from the few Yangoon spots I talked about,It's just not the same scene as in Thailand (or very close to provincial non-farang sex joints in LOS), and it'd be great not to wish for yet another sex industry, though this is probably what will happen when the country REALLY opens up.

I will cry that day, because the burmese deserve so much better (so did the cambodians). Not everybody can do it as coolly and as fun as the thais have done it, and where we accept it's part of the landscape"

I think you are mixing a lot of stuff and coming out with the wrong conclusions IMO. The problems both Burma and Cambodia have is a result of war and resulting poverty. Explotation of women in Cambodia is not caused by tourism, it is a result of the pitiful condition the country is in.

The idea that Burma will suffer by opening up is ridiculous! Get a democratic regime there, boycots will be gone and infrastructure can be built up. Whatever sex tourism which might emerge is a minor problem compared to how they suffer today!

Cheers!

Archived