Best PTY hotel below 700bt & why?

chilli13

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now is the high season and room rates are up across the board. I stayed at the Grand Hotel on Soi 14 off from Waliking Street and had exactly the same room as I stayed in 2 weeks ago but was charged Bt950 instead of the Bt700 I paid perviously. Still its good value at the higher price.

The Welcome Plaza had rooms but prices start from Bt950 (can get Bt600 low season) with surcharge for Christmas and New Years days.

Penthouse is also Bt850 min for small room but is full for next 4 weeks.

Most places over New Year seem to be full but if you are prepared to live off the strip, then try some of the smaller places on Soi Bakao.

I've stayed at the Apex hotel twice, now. Both visits were pleasant. Room size, service, and amenities are all O.K., esp. considering the price of 450 Baht.

My next trip in in mid-February. Is that a busy time in Pattaya, guys? My last trip was in August, and things were slow.

I used to be a regular at the Lek - central location and a cheap mini-bar! Then I got tired of not being able to get near the pool and standing waiting for the one elevator! Then I was a regular at the 'Lido Beach', just a stagger for the bright lights, then they put up the price.

More lately I prefer to spend a little more on my accommodation, the extra facilities and comfort seem worth the difference - hell it's just a few LDs, I stay at the Residence Garden.

I find it odd that people will scrimp to save 300 baht a night on accommodation, live in a hole, then ring the bell at a bar a couple of times a night at 1000 baht or more a pop!

Hi!

The rumour was that Pattaya also would alow the bars to stay open until 6 on xmas eve. However I was on a rare visit to South Pattaya with another board member who returned to his hotel about 2:30. I stayed for a couple more drinks. Most gogos were closed at three. Champions and Living Dolls were open though. I left just before 4 so I don't know when they closed.

regards

ALHOLK

Archived