Costs for 25 days in Thailand

shotover

I forgot:

During my last holidays I started a book-keeping about the girls: Where I picked them up, how much I payed, how long they stayed, what they did (bj, backside etc.), how good they were, how many times I finished, and... what rating they were worth...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This year I've spent a total of about 6-months in SEA and my monthly total costs averaged almost $1500-US (about 60k-Bt). In earlier trips I've stayed in a suite at the Grand Prez and spent significantly more on a monthly basis. I have since adjusted my spending, opting for less luxury to allow for longer stays on less money.

This last trip I rented a studio apartment which cost about 6k-Bt/month (including utilities and phone). I generally avoid go-go's, preferring looking for the diamonds in beer bars that still have chicken s**t between their toes. I almost exclusively eat Thai food from the food stalls, with a few luxury meals inbetween. I consume little alcohol, as a matter of preference. My six-months included four in Thailand and two in Cambo. I maintained my Thai apartment, while in Cambo, to store my stuff. In Cambo, I put on 1000's of kms, via motorcycle, touring some remote villages. In Thailand I took a gal to one of the islands. It was a great 6-months and I'm hoping to return next April for an even longer stay.

But, I cannot fault anyone for living the high life in SEA. For me it is just a case of simple economics and having less disposable income.

"works totally opposite for me: staying with regular saves hotels, BF & stuff! but for a holiday it gets old soon enough - so far at least - to the point where I look forward to pay BF & get crap service!! still it's all sanuk - no?"

I agree sanuk is the goal when we are on holiday. I could save megabucks if I just stayed with a freelancer and avoided the bars.

"I spend more for good hotels/ flights, but much less for the ladies/ bf. I am not the village/ farmer type who is going to spend a lot to Thai bgs families. IMO sticking to st is much less expensive than a lt bg."

To each his own, but I prefer LTs to STs. Maybe after I spend more time in Thailand, I'll get more used to STs.

"During my last holidays I started a book-keeping about the girls: Where I picked them up, how much I payed, how long they stayed, what they did (bj, backside etc.), how good they were, how many times I finished, and... what rating they were worth..."

I would like to keep my own journal (don't know if I would need performance data though) for the memories, but never slow down long enough to record this data.

Shotover asked: 'Did you take a moto from Thailand into Cambo, or buy one in Cambodia? '

Neither, I rented one in Sihanoukville, touring the area and distant towns and another in Phnom Penh, from there I went north and northeast. A few years ago I rented one in Siem Reap to tour the Angkor Wat and adjacent areas. Bikes were expensive to rent there, compared to the other cities. I won't drive in Thailand as I'm not use to being on the 'other side' of the road and would probably kill myself making my first turn.

31 nights at the Nana Hotel!. You may have a shot at walking through the lobby and out of the parking lot. :)

At the Nana, you can be entertained for days without leaving the property.

4.000 per day should work if you limit yourself to very few drinks per day, and don't keep the ladies with you 24 hours per day.

Archived