The people you meet .... Sigh.

Pescator

Maybe, just maybe, she was in the middle of some sort of emergency

You may very well be right about that.

And I guess the next time I`d probably avoid a situation like this altogether. As you said I am an outsider in this situation, just arrived, don`t really know what is going on. And being on a vacation, who needs something like this?

But I really didn`t think so much before I reacted just noticed the woman raising the arm towards the child and that triggered my reaction.

I really had a great morning that day.

My Dad had just called my on the cell phone. I needed cancel my trip and go back home to Denmark right now due to an emergency in the family. Then I went down to sit in the reception of the GH only to witness this situation. :(

Cheers

Hua Nguu

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Shotover,

Things have now thankfully worked out at home. Thanks.

For all I know she could have been working for a NGO, I just noticed that she didn`t speak a word of the local lingo.

40ish women do not usually travel alone in countries like Cambodia.

I see what you are saying, but actually also in the group I arrived with there were two single women in their late forties not travelling together.

If you only go to see the 2-3 biggest attractions in Cambodia you feel like you are on one of the biggest "package tours" of them all and hardly get to see anybody else than fellow travellers.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Archived