Online interactive bar girl game

khunsanuk

Hi,

I've been toying around with the idea of making a RPG (role-playing game) centered around the barscene for a while. With almost 2 weeks of holidays coming up, I have finally started putting some things to paper.

Basically what I have in mind is a Play-by-Email game (*) in which you play a bargirl. You would start of creating a bargirl by spending a limited number of points to certain attributes (beauty, charisma, agility, etc). You then give her orders every turn. The server processes the orders of all participants and sends out emails with the results of your orders. You then repeat this process.

The ultimate goal would be to retire from the scene, which could be either by amassing a certain amount of money, getting married or possibly by other ways.

I intend the game to have all (well, as many as possible) aspects of bargirl live, including STDs, gambling, boyfriends, trips with customers, guys sending money, etc.

Anyway, I am pretty much in the beginning stage of this and will likely need lots of input with regards to gameplay, as well as possible scenarios, rules, etc.

What I would like to know though is there interest in a game like this? If so, I will post my notes in a new thread in Suggestions, so we can discuss the game.

Sanuk!

(*) A Play-by-Email game is a turn based game played by email. You send in your orders once a week (or whatever lenght the turn is), the server processes your orders and sends you back your results. These kind of games often have dozens, hunderds or in some cases even thousands of users at the same time.

Hi,

"I can only imagine the reaction of real-life bargirls to if word should get out that a group of farangs spent their time playing this game"

Care to enlighten me as to why you think they'll get upset?

I can think of a couple who would likely get a kick out of playing this themselves.

Sanuk!

It's not that they'd be upset. I just think they'd be utterly, utterly flummoxed (the height of flummoxdom) that farangs would choose to spend their valuable free time in a simulation of what they would regard as dull, everyday life. As it is, I encounter enough that don't understand the attraction of us sitting in a gogo bar and drinking beer while staring at their half-naked forms.

Archived