New Billiard Rules at New Wave

StoneSoup

For anyone interested, New Wave pool bar (Sukhumvit Soi 7) will change its house rules effectivev January 1st. The traditional "Bangkok rules" will be replaced. For a foul, no more "two shots, with first shot having to go down-table from behind the headstring". They will change to "ball-in-hand, one shot" for fouls.

These new rules will also be put into effect at the "Blue Wave" sister pool bar, currently under construction on Sukhumvit, adjacent to the Marriott Hotel (Nana side). Blue Wave should open by late March or early April.

"Let the good times roll!"

The Fighting Fish

:hubba: biggrinsanta.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I welcome the change. The rule that really busts my balls is the foul they call when you knock in your object ball and subsequently knock in one of their balls! That's no foul. But it is called there as well as the new two story place around soi 7 (0r 5, or?). I like the upsatirs there. Shoot some stick and watch the circus walk by on SKHMVT.

When playing pool with BGs, I enjoy the 2 shot rule as it keeps the games close. Unless they are real shooters then, in that case it keeps me in the game!

Archived