Khao Lak Hotels

Raven

was there two times. stayed in the laguna resort and the palm andaman resort. can only remember the price for the palm andaman which was 1500 baht. for the other i think i paid more, around 2000. both were pretty good.

there are also cheaper accommodations available.

khao lak is developping very fast and it is for sure just a matter of time, until girlie bars are opened. last time i was there in april 2002 and it was still very quiet during nighttime. however i was there for diving (khao lak is close to the best diving spots in thailand) so i did not bother... biggrinsanta.gif

Not much there in the way of the Sanuk scene, you can find a few massage places and a couple of Thai style restaurants with girls available to take home thats about it,There are mostly couples staying here and also scuba divers as it is close to the Similan islands,

A cheap basic place to stay right on the beach

KHAO LAK GREEN BEACH RESORT

Tel. 076-420043-7 / Fax. 076-420047

Room rates around 1,000 baht

A nice place to stay

BANG NIANG BEACH RESORT

Tel. 076-420171 / Fax. 076-420176

Room rates

Garden view 2.300

Pool view 2.500

A bit more expensive place,

PALM ANDAMAN

Tel. 076-420185-8 / Fax. 076-420189

NANG THONG BAY RESORT

Tel. 076-420088-9 / Fax. 076-420090

not sure of the room rate

BAAN KHAO LAK RESORT

Tel. 076-420199 / Fax. 076-420198

Room rates 2,500 baht and up

NANG THONG BAY RESORT

Tel. 076-420088-9 / Fax. 076-420090

Room rates around 1,300 baht

KHAO LAK LAGUNA RESORT

Tel. 076-420200-5 / Fax. 076-420206

more expensive place not sure of the rates

This was in the BKK post today,

Town plan in making as hotels mushroom

Narong Chuenniran - Phangnga

A town plan will be prepared for Khao Lak beach in a bid to keep construction in the resort area in check.

Jit Phasompong, Phangnga deputy governor, said it was needed to protect the natural beauty of the beach. The Phangnga provincial administration organisation had set aside one million baht for the project. Local environmentalists had expressed concern over encroachment on the beach area by investors and locals.

Sa-nga Phokbut, director of the provincial town planning office, said he had proposed a joint private and state committee be set up. The plan would take 3-4 months to prepare and would be enforced by the provincial administration organisation (PAO).

Anan Bunyarak, chairman of the PAO, said there would be four main tourist areas _ Khao Lak, Khokhao island, Bang Sak and Ban Lam Kaen beaches.

Funds were limited, so the Khao Lak plan would be prepared first. It would include details of garbage dumps, the width of roads and alleys, and water treatment systems installed at buildings.

Banlue Chariyalorpong, chairman of the tambon administration organisation in Lam Kaen, said controls on land use and construction were needed as more hotels and buildings were being built.

Yanyong Khorphet, of Khao Lak Laguna resort hotel, said the number of hotels had mushroomed as the area gained popularity with European travellers. In 1995 there were only 200 hotel rooms in the area. Now there were more than 1,200. About 60% of tourists were German, but it was also becoming more popular with Scandinavians.

Archived