Workopportunities for architects & planners

Hi guys

Since im considering an asian leap these days im interested in carreer opportunities in the field of Architecture and planning in Bangkok. I hold masterdegrees in both architecture and urban planning.

I have some contacts with thai architect friends but their thai working conditions are not apt for me..So im curios if there also is a farang architects scene in Bangkok, which has job offers with international remuneration and working conditions.

I have an exellent track record.

regards

I can be reached over email via cgholland99@hotmail.com

Honestly, I don't see a whole lot of demand for architects. Very few office buildings/projects are going up. There is a lot of talk about the residential real estate sector and that it's hotting up and spurring a lot of growth in the economy but lots (most?) of this is done by residential property developers who build lots of houses off the same plans.

Having said that, my friend is an engineer and a project manager on construction sites and he seems to do fine, but I don't know if you really need a degree in structural engineering. I am sure that any of the top universities would love to have you, though that does pay squat.

My dealings have only touched peripherally on the design end of real estate, would be interesting if we can get an actual on the job perspective.

Anyone out there?

<<burp>>

Architecture is one of the prohibited jobs for foreigners in Thailand, Of course there can be ways around that though,

The building sector will see a boom of buildings starting in 2003, There are many new big projects going to start later this year and are in the planning stages right now, The government has many big building projects in the planning stages for the second half of this year as well, I am not talking about housing development but of the commercial and industrial sectors,

Archived