Radio Shack, Parts, DVD Portable Report

daveh

The salesclerk in the store where I was looking at portable screen players has a laptop with DVD player. He said it works great and feels its a better value than the currently priced portable screen players. His laptop cost about U.S.$800.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That can certainly solve the dual voltage issue, I think, dave.

I am still a bit concerned about the video/sound quality vs the portable DVD players though. Actually, I guess when you are using a screen that small on the portable DVD player, the video may even be better on the laptop. If you use an earphone/headset sound shouldn't matter much either.

Yeah, I think it is time to upgrade my notebook to one with a DVD player.

I would like to see a DVD Portable Player the size of the tiny VCD Portables but with a tiny screen to check vendor movies on the spot, as I have wound up sometimes with blanks or wrong movie. I hook up to existing TV in hotels and wouldn't use on plane. On the Nerd forum many seem to like the Koss portable (no screen). Was on sale at Target for $30! Maybe I could make a battery pack and attach a small monitor.

Sounds like there may be a more significant crackdown on pirate software coming in Thailand. In Philippines they do raids sometimes but a big crackdown would be nearly impossible as most pirate software comes in from Malaysia and seems to be big business for the Muslim population living in Philippines.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see a DVD Portable Player the size of the tiny VCD Portables but with a tiny screen to check vendor movies on the spot?

Here in the states I saw a unit at Fry's electronics the other day for $199. It was very portable, about the size of a small book with a 5.6 inch screen. I guess it would do the job you mention, don't know if the AC adapter was dual voltage though.

Archived