Is Patpong Dangerous?

Sarisin

Glad to hear you made it back OK, short-time.

Yes, this night turned much better when we hopped in a taxi and headed back to NEP.

I think I had some damn fine support this evening if a fight did break out, but, again, I am always of the opinion the way to win a fight is to simply walk away - which I did.

BTW, got a pointy fingernail jabbed in my back the other night (yes, it left a mark!) compliments of our long-haired friend in Thermae as she passed behind me. I'm sure she misses you too mut! :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things never seem to change in the Pong. 8 years ago, freinds of mine were lured to some very "seedy" upstairs place somewhere between those gogo's owned by the King's group. having lived in Tghailand for some time already i advised against the place and suggested a bar belonging to the King's group. Because there were some very nice lookng naked girls in the bar my friends ignored my advice and we ended up going in anyway. The place was very dark, and only a few but very good looking "imported" girls in the place. Also what struck me as bizarre was the sight of Thai punters, at leat 5 of them sitting around the bar. Anyway, after the "checkbin krap, the lights wnet off, the baseball bats and knives emerged and we were surrounded by Thai pimps asking to pay up a 500 Baht exit fee per person! Yep, we paid... We visited the tourist police just outside the pong on Silom just after the ordeal, and they simply said "sorry we don't believe you" thus we can not help you.

So is patpong dangerous? IMO VERY!!!!!!! especially, if you're new to Thailand and Patpong. Over the years I've seen foreigners thrown out of bars covered in blood, fights and the list is endless. I must confess, that I still go to Patpong occasionally, twice a year, and that's more than enough for me...

(To khun Sanuk: i apologize for all this negativity. I will try to post something more positive next time I post)

One thing I try to advise newbie friends about is not getting into fights over here. Though not strong, Thai's always attack in gangs or alone only if armed, are extremely vicious, and will use any weapon at hand. And their attacks are usually totally out of proportion with the actual threat or situation. I was once attacked by a taxi driver. He threw a pathetic Muay Thai style kick. I held his leg for a while and let hom go without retaliating, as I knew there would be a bunch more like him all over me. He of course knew that, which is why he attacked in the first place. In fact, they're really very cowardly, by Western definitions. The only one's who would be confident of acting alone and unarmed are the boxers or ex-boxers who have had a lifetime of training.

Archived