extension of non-immigrant O visa?

iuytrede

Sorry, not an answer, but I too would be interested to hear about this.

I have a year multi Non Immigrant O and am coming up to my first 90 day visa run.

Was told that because I?m married to a Thai and we have properties it is possible.

But how?

Mike.

I have a NON-IMM. type O and I've been here for 10 consecutive months.

I have to renew/extend my VISA every 90 days (3 months).

In my case they put a paper in my passport with the date for renewal. Before that date I go there, fill in the extension (for NON-.imm) form and done within 15 minutes.

Goodluck!

Hi,

I'm in the process of obtaining a one year non immi O visa.

I've been told by my local immigration office that as soon as my visa is approved by BKK, I only have to show up every 3 months at the local Immigration office. If my visa runs out after a year, my local Immigration office will take care of my renewal (through BKK) so basically I don't have to leave the country anymore.

In this respect, if you happen to have a workpermit, you should get this stamped for a period of a year as well.

In doubt, double check this with your local Immigration office, if that's convenient for you. Maybe have your wife call them with your questions.

Good luck,

Limbo

Thanks for the info and link.

Will do my arranged visa run for another 90 days next week and then go down to Immigration with all our documents.

Have not registered yet with them and have bought two properties, one of which includes a small farm, in my wife?s name with a 30 year lease on one of these to me.

I also support the wife?s two children although they live with her family at the moment, just visiting us for the odd weekend.

Most of my money is banked in the UK as the interest rate paid is enough to live on fairly comfortably here without touching my capital. Just a couple of hundred thousand baht in my Thai bank. I do not work and have no earned income, just my capital banked.

Wonder if they accept UK internet bank statements printed out from my computer.

Cheers,

Mike.

Don't forget that if you do ever want to leave LOS, say for holiday or emergency back 'home' you'll need to get a re-entry permit from immigration otherwise your visa will not be valid when you return.

That's what I have: a one year valid multiple non-immigrant O visa. And arriving 15 january after spending Chrismas-New Year in Europe to visit family (had tourist visa before)

I guess I will have to leave every 90 days before expiration day and get back in the country. I live around Chumpon and will do this in Ranong (seems to be 15km before you hit town on a road to the right) There is no way I am able to stay one year, so getting a one year retirement visa is not going to be much of a help (transfer of 800.000 baht, I don't want to do this) plus needing this re-enty stamp at Dong Muang.

ZAAD, is that a one year type O you have or a multiple entries type O?, I know you live far from Bangkok, where do you go for "extension"?

where do you go for "extension"?

I don't have multiple entries, just a one year type 'O'.

If you're talking about those 90-day visits...I used to go to BKK (almost 400km) but I found out it's possible to send them the required documents + an envelope(with my address and stamp for them to send everything back once the extension/renewal is completed).

I've done this 3 weeks ago and got no problems.

No need to go there every 3 months anymore, just perfect.

Archived