67.5 THB/GBP over new years - any higher?

chilli13

If you go to one of the non licenced (read black market) exchange bureaus you can get slightly better rates - usually about 1% better. There is a very good one called Siam Exchange which is located at the Patumwan intersection. In addition to the pound sterling, I note the NZ and Australian dollars getting better rates than they have for a while against the baht.

Stick

The fees Belgian Boy talks about are dependant on your British bank account.

I dont get charged. This has been the rate for a while sometimes as high as 68.

Its great ;)

Stickman where is the siam exchange you speak of?

Any landmarks so I would know it. What rates do they offer?

Siam exhange is on the corner of Rama 1 and Phayathai road. It is easy to find.. Just go to national stadium and exit on the other side of the road as MBK ( mar boon kron) shopping center. and talk back under the BTS towards the intersection. Turn left and walk about 50 M and you are there. It is basically just opposite the western entrance to Siam discovery center just almost at the apex of the intersection.

You have to ring a buzzer to get in the door.

The British Embassy was offereing 70B to the pound on Monday which is insane.

Where did the pound key go off of my keyboard. I know in Canada my keyboard did have a pound sterling symbol key. My thai one does not. Did they remove it from most keyboards?

Hello,

About keyboards...

What is printed on keyboards has absolutely no relation with what the key produces. So, you should be able to still get your pound sign, by holding down the right ALT and SHIFT keys, and pressing the 4. The euro-sign is normally under the 5 with the same combination.

If this doesn't work, it is very possible that your operating system (which translates the key-codes from the keyboard into letters) doesn't support the pound-sign in the current keyboard-configuration or display-font.

Greetings,

Wouter Dijkslag

Archived