Another one goes to a GTG. What's Happening ????

Hi,

[color:"red"] >Thai men (most of them) have never changed, they are still the same Thai men of 100 years ago.

Maybe, but I love to believe you are not right and you getting even less right as the time goes by.

[/color]

Hear me TTM and read what I wrote. I did NOT say anything about Thai men being bad, all I said was they have not changed much. I will never say that the Thai men are bad becuase the term is relative.

What I was saying was the Thai women have changed and the Thai men have NOT change much, very much the same as 100 years ago.

I hope you get the meanings of the sentence correct. :hug:

Jasmine

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>BTW, in my country there is a lot of girls who go for foreign men only. The popular flavor isn't Thai though!

Spent some time in your country. Not, much, a year. In Bergen.

Had some difficulties but managed to click with several girls.

Certainly, not bgs. Just students, as myself (1983)

Their stand was an indiscriminatory one. No hunt, just fun. In some cases I felt used.

No link to what Thai girls do to us.

>I did NOT say anything about Thai men being bad

I'm sorry that my response made you feel like that. There was no intention.

My referrence was to what we falangs hear in BKK every day. Nothing to do with you.

I've been opposing similar statements (Thai men no good) from board members since I joined the board.

>What I was saying was the Thai women have changed and the Thai men have NOT change much, very much the same as 100 years ago.

Thai men: 100 years ago they knew shit about skate board riding. Neither the westernes did.

Now, they are as good as us.

Thai women: they don't ride skate/surf boards. Dunno.

Just leave them in their chief position, they'll know how to steer their man.

Board riding expertise not essential.

It think it is a gross exaggeration to think that most TG's are looking for farang men. Most of us don't really get to experience the breadth of thai culture as we're staying along Sukhumvit or another farang dominated area, so we build our impressions based on that.

In reality, the percentage of thai girls that are looking for a farang bf are probably pretty low, especially in the "GTG" category. I think in general it is harder for the average GTG to get the approval of their family, and get through other cultural issues and therefore they are less likely to consider this.. plus the fact that the average thai girl has never dated a farang..

BG's for sure are in a different category. So are many "GTG's" that work in farang dominated areas, or in one way or another have access to farang's in a way that the average girl would not. There are no doubt plenty of girls looking for a guy with money to take them away from it all, and no doubt many think farangs are more likely to be able to do that.

I think it is always dangerous when discussing stereotypes, or looking at things through various filtered viewpoints..

"It think it is a gross exaggeration to think that most TG's are looking for farang men. Most of us don't really get to experience the breadth of thai culture as we're staying along Sukhumvit or another farang dominated area, so we build our impressions based on that."

I agree with what you say, but isn't what we are discussing why some look for farangs and don't even consider Thai?

There is certainly many Thai girls who wouldn't even think about dating farangs, for a number of reasons.

Cheers!

"Spent some time in your country. Not, much, a year. In Bergen.

Had some difficulties but managed to click with several girls.

Certainly, not bgs. Just students, as myself (1983)

Their stand was an indiscriminatory one. No hunt, just fun. In some cases I felt used."

:D :D :D

the percentage of thai girls that are looking for a farang bf are probably pretty low, especially in the "GTG" category

... plus the fact that the average thai girl has never dated a farang..

--------------------------------------------

they may not look for it, but if they/you find you/them, with a little persistence that's all that needed.

I don't think that having to do something for the first time is too much of a hang up. Farangs and farang culture are actually an intricate part of thai life, over the last decades and even before, the loss of traditions is replaced by greater desires for the western goodies. More than a few thai women, IMO, put men (at least the "right" man) in that "goodies" category.

It think it is a gross exaggeration to think that most TG's are looking for farang men.

---------------------------------------------

could not help but copy and paste this excerpt from another thread ("can you explain....") written by NICETHAIGIRL:

...Most thai ladies would like a falang for husband as they will take care more than Thai man.

I had a thai BF and when i got pregnant he would not tak care and help in anyway i had to go to doctor and everywhere as one person....

Archived