Another one goes to a GTG. What's Happening ????

Hi MMan,

Not at all. In fact, I thought your post was great, and mirrors my thoughts exactly. The trouble is, I am posting on what I, at least, think is a little ususal from the norm, and thought it might be of interest to some. The danger in doing so is that I may seem to project insights from this particular situation, as to being 'set law', and whatever happens here is the norm.

This is just a work in progress, and nothing should be written into it, or out of it, other than what it is. Another day in the life, that comprises life in Thailand. I am a newbie, and have always professed to be, seeing LOS from the outside. I'm simply offering my observations, as they are presented to me. Just because these 3 individuals are responding in a certain way, means nothing in terms of another situation. And I do know you understand this. My point is, I am not trying to paint an overall picture from this. Simply offering what I think is a little different situation. It is, for me, anyway.

I'm student here. Not teacher. :)

HT

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cardinalblue:

'Some will find their "impressive or special" girl in the BG market. Others will not........'

Agree 100%.

I guess the downside of stating this fact is, as Harlequinbkk said to me in a private email, the danger that you/we are possibly encouraging the guys who come over for 2 weeks and look for a bride from the bar. A 2-week bar romance/marriage is a recipe for disaster, whether the bar is in the West, Bangkok or elsewhere. At least with a 'GTG' it would be difficult/impossible to effect such a whirlwind romance.

What can you do? I guess let the reader beware and make his own judgments.

Cheers.

HT,

I commend you for trying a different perspective. I hope it works out for you and her. But then again, you have discovered the non-Bg world, and there will be success and failure stories. Nothing is a sure thing. The most important is that you find someone or a venue that allows you the greatest opportunity for happiness, success and comfortability.

Some will find it the BG market, others in the non-bg area and some others in neither market. It is not the girl as much as one's own background, value system, perceptions and expectations.

Personally, I have fun and sexual gratification in the BG world. When I am looking for a life-time soul-mate and relationship, the non-BG market has a better chance to meet my expectation level and what i wish to have and see in a person.

Whatever makes you happy and rely on your own intuition for direction and what feels right for you.

Good luck and keep us posted.....

Cardinalblue

Hi farangman,

Long story..........Package deal that HAD to be paid today (it's weekend here, so cannot). She paid, and I am transfering $$ money to her account tomorrow. Co. would not accept my C.C. because cash-only, no refund deal. Weekend occuring on a Thai holiday........??????

I'm really not thinking this non-b/g as a saint. Many have stated here that GTG can be much more coniving than b/g. I always sit facing the front door :). I really have no expectations as to the outcome. And this really has nothing to do with b/g's. It's just exploring, for me, the other side, as intertwined as they may be. But believe me farangman, I am very much aware that there are true gems, and gold-diggers in both camps. And that the lines of distinction between both camps, can be a very, very fine line, indeed. ;)

HT

Hi farangman,

My first ever trip report will be forthcoming after this. ::

Will be different, from any other, that's for sure.

Just a little venture down a little known soi, to see what might be waiting for me at the end. :grinyes:

HT

Guest lazyphil

<<A GTG has all that plus heaps more at her disposal>>

What about the GTG (non working girl) who became a bg??.....got a wealth of experience in life :D :D

Guest lazyphil

<<Too many guys here look at prostitutes as if they are something other than human and incapable of love or being loved. Too many guys look at GTG's as if they are the perfect women incapable of faults. The bottom line is that good or bad they are all women. What matters is if they love trust and respect the man that they consider their mate>>

Well put

Hi,

[color:"red"] The reputation of thai girls disappearing and going into prostitution in america has made it miserable for the average thai person (other than the very wealthy) just to holiday for three weeks in america.

It is shameful that the US has such policies against Thais traveling to america. Talk about stereotyping?

[/color]

USA is NOT the only country who has such policy on Thai women. I know that Germany, Japan and Hong Kong have looked at young Thai women who travel there with disdain.

These Thai women who make "undesirable" reputation other Thais don't really care. I am not talking about only prostitutes here, many non-prostitutes can have behavior that taints Thai women's reputation also. :banghead:

I can tell you from my experience that I watch my behaviour a lot simply because if I do something wrong, it is not just me doing it, it is linked to Thailand and Thai women right away :banghead: If I feel like fooling around, people will never say that I am just a woman in lust, more likely they will say "she is a Thai woman, they are all like that." :neener:

Cheers! :)

Jasmine,

If you walk by the german embassy every day, there is always a line full men with their GF /whoever in tow.

So Germany sure then has an unusual way of showing their disdain. Maybe more of a moral issue but not enough to enact regulations to control entry......

I did have a 40 year old German friend bring home (small town) a 19 year old thai girl for 3 months, and he told me he was pretty much ostracized by his own friends......

Cardinalblue

Archived