Body Snatchers of Bangkok

Torneyboy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says khwaimaisabai:

Says torneyboy:

This young girl also cleaned up any bodies of unclaimed victims ..........

They also were giving food to the poor.

Hi tb,

Interesting.

Khwai

Hi K

I found the show very interesting .

This young girl would do things the older crew would not do.

Finish at 4am and go to school next day.

I had no idea this even existed in bkk...just goes to show you what the tourists do not see/know.

I guess they have saved many lives?

>>>Anyone know of this unit?<<<

yes, they are very good friends of mine.

>>>All volunteers,where would they get the funding for this service?<<<

no funding. they pay all by themselves.

the family has lots of financial problems but always somehow comes up with enough money for the gasoline. at the moment their problem is that they are way back with their payments for their pick up truck, have to find some way that it won't get reposessed.

>>>They have no medical training,the doctors interviewed said they should get some training as they can do more harm than good when lifting a victim.<<<

fucking doctors.

if they would have a proper ambulance systhem a lot less people would die. and if those fuckers would care less about the money and would focus more on treating the injured brought to them by the poh teck tueng than also less people would die.

just last saturday i was with that family, and we brought 4 in a knifefight seriously injured to the hospital. the doctors refused to treat the injuries for more than two hours while one of the guys was desparately trying to contact his boss. only after one of the guys lost consciousnes because of the bloodloss the hospital was forced to treat them. better than a few years ago when they same hospital kicked us out with one injured be brought who died then as a result because we could not reach the next hospital in time.

the volonteers of the poh teck tueng and the ruamkantanyu foundation here in bangkok, and all the ones upcountry are the only functioning rescue systhem in thailand. without them nobody would get to the hospitals.

Says flyonzewall:

no funding. they pay all by themselves.

the family has lots of financial problems but always somehow comes up with enough money for the gasoline. at the moment their problem is that they are way back with their payments for their pick up truck, have to find some way that it won't get reposessed.

I just wonder...Do they have second job or how they get enough to eat & live? I just find a bit hard to believe that the only incentive here is to do good...but I'd gladly admit I don't know much of the activities of Por Tek Tung and the likes.

Por Tek Tung certainly receives donations though. Isn't the chinese styled temple at the Hualampong corner of Rama IV Rd part Por Tek Tung? Just looking at the number of stickers glued to the coffins for the dead there, I'd imagine they receive several thousands of baht each day in donations.

>>>...but I'd gladly admit I don't know much of the activities of Por Tek Tung and the likes.<<<

i am not boasting when i say that there may be no other foreigner who knows more about the poh teck tueng (on the streetlevel) than me. so, shoot off your questions. some i can answer, some i cannot.

>>>Do they have second job or how they get enough to eat & live?<<<

it depends.

this is not a job for them - they are volonteers. most of them have work, others don't do anything else than being a rescuevolonteer.

this family in particular: the husband is unemployed since about two and a half years, makes money in daytime in sending off goods from the close by docks with the pick up truck. they just scrape by. their whole life circles around being rescuevolonteers. they listen to the police radio 24/7. apart from that they also do all sorts of work for the local temple.

>>>Isn't the chinese styled temple at the Hualampong corner of Rama IV Rd part Por Tek Tung?<<<

that is the headquarters of the ruamkantanyu foundation.

>>>Just looking at the number of stickers glued to the coffins for the dead there, I'd imagine they receive several thousands of baht each day in donations.<<<

those donations are not for the volonteers.

the whole foundation is funded by donations. the yellow dressed employed workers, the constant desaster relief missions upcountry, the food packages for the poor, the burial grounds, all of that. the rescue work is only one part of the poh teck tueng, they also own the wor cheow hospital (i think that's the spelling) in china town, they are heavily involved in desaster relief, and they are helping in training and financing similar organisations upcountry.

obviously the stickers are only a very small part of the donations, some of the very rich chinese families give very large donations as well.

the volonteers even have to pay for their own gasoline.

>>>I just find a bit hard to believe that the only incentive here is to do good..<<<

i can honestly say that for the vast majority of volonteers that is so. obviously it is also tremendously exiting to do that. by the way - there is no shortage whatsoever on volonteers, more want to do it than get accepted.

>> am not boasting when i say that there may be no other foreigner who knows more about the poh teck tueng (on the streetlevel) than me<<

Hi Fly, that's probably true

By the way the hospital is called Hua Chieow, not profit organisation relying on donations, mostly from the chinese community.

Most accident victims (dead ones) do end up in the morgue of the police hospital. They have hundred's of refrigerators.

Go have a look if your stomach can stand it. Bodies brought in all the time and numerous photographs of those not identified on the wall.

Hua Chieow Hospital and some others like Chula that take in accident victims only have a few refrigerators and counts on collection by family within 1 or 2 days.

Didn't know the volunteers don't get any compensation. Perhaps they count on being able to rescue someone well off occasionaly and being compensated by the one rescued.

Or am I off the mark here.

Archived