My favorite hotels - BKK/Pattaya

My fav's:

In Bangkok - JW Marriott (a little more $$ but well worth it)

In Pattaya - Royal Cliff Resort (a lot more $$ but well worth it)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I have to say that my favourite hotel in bkk is the promenade hotel in sukhumvit soi 8, it's kinda clean and quiet.

www.thepromenade.thailand.com

my favourite hotel in pattaya is villa jomtien palm beach...

My vote:

Bangkok = Majestic Suites

Pattaya = Estiny

Another poster mentioned Promenade on Soi 8. I actually stayed there after getting sick of Royal Asia and Promenade was a pretty good choice. Only a 2 minutes walk to Sukhumvit, 800 baht (in 1998), good and clean room. Guest friendly also.

thanks

Gilbert

To Gromit:

"For reference the other two were the Royal Benja (a mistake) and the Tai Pan (an even bigger mistake)."

Can you give me more details about the Royal Benja regarding what was wrong with it? My wife stayed there last month. Jay

PS. On this new board does anyone know if I can direct messages to a specific person like

we were able to on Delphi?

Bangkok=? Havn't really stayed there yet, but am booked at the Omni on Sunday.

Pattaya = If I'm paying, Royal Twins, if I'm not Royal Gardens...I know, some have guest problems, but for some reason my friends and I never do. Great pool, great service, great location.

Originally posted by JAYBLOOM:

[QB]To Gromit:

Jay, you did not like the tai pan, why ever not? what floor were you on, the lower ones have not so good rooms. I have stayed there a lot but next trip might give the Imperial Impala on soi 24 another go. I hate the Majestic 'suites' Majestic box rooms is more like it, the place is so cramped.

Last month my sister was in LOS for the first time the day before I came home so we went to take her out, she was staying at the Amari Atrium and I was very impressed with it, five star and only about five years old. Not sure about the guest policy though. I think you would like the place.-peter

"For reference the other two were the Royal Benja (a mistake) and the Tai Pan (an even bigger mistake)."

Nana hotel gets my vote.

I stay over 60 days a year there and I stal another 60 days a year in phnom penh at the new (NEW YORK HOTEL) I won't stay at the Hong Kong hotel in pp any more. To many movie camera's and a long (walk of Shame)

respect

jbay

Archived