My favorite hotels - BKK/Pattaya

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by DJ1999J:

I just looked at their website and the superior room with double bed was priced at 750 baht a night! That was the same kind of room I had in March and I got it for 550 baht when I walked in off the street. I did have a TG with me who asked in Thai how much it was but she just translated for me, didn't negociate at all. 550 was what they asked straight off.

I thought internet bookings were usually cheaper!

I've had the same experience lately. The walk-up rate at the Ambassador was less than the internet. I think the internet gives you good information about the hotel, a fair price and a confirmed booking, but for the best rates you should contact the hotel directly. Also check with the local travel agents once you're in Thailand for another comparison.

DJ/All

I just got an email back from Business Inn for a booking in June. As from June to Oct the following rates apply. However they don't stipulate whether it's a standard or superior room (me thinks it may be standard)

Thank you for your kind interested in our services,

we're pleased to inform you for the hotel room rate as belows:

Effective from 01JUN-31OCT2001

1 Single Room price : THB500.-

1 Double Room price : THB 600.-

1 Triple Room price : THB 700.-

Above room rate net/room/night not including any meal.

All rooms except single room have refrigerator in the room.

Breakfast set menu 90.- THB/set.

Room availibility on 16JUN2001 is YES.

Reservation by Email is YES.

For more information kindly see our web site at : www@awgroup.com

Thanks & Best regards,

Ms.Neeracha

Business Inn

155/4-5 Sukhumvit Soi 11/1

Bangkok(10110), Thailand.

Tel.: (662) 2557155-8,2547981-4

Fax.: (662) 2557159

awbusinn@asiaaccess.net.th

www@awgroup.com

Phantom,

That's more like it. Not bad at those rates. Make sure you get a double bed if you're planning on bringing any girls back.

As I said I paid 550 baht for a double room last time and I expect to pay the same again. If I do book in advance I'll inform them what I paid before and I can't see any problems with that rate.

I am going to Bangkok for my second visit in July. I got a internet reservation at the Landmark for 2500 baht per night. I can't find any postings about this hotel, but it looks good from their web site and the location looks good. Anybody out there have any experience or comments???

Clyde,

Top shelf hotel and an excellent location. Although it may be a little embarrassing taking a Thai lady to your room. It is a long walk of shame to the elevators. Also I have always found that the lady resents getting paid less than your room costs.

Gary

Archived