Have you ever had an HIV test ???

dvarpala

Hi,

There are those that say that an HIV test once in a while is the responsible thing to do, so --- a short question :-

Have you ever been tested for HIV...???

Please note the following :

• I'm not asking for the result, obviously..
  • It doesn't matter how many times that you've been tested.
  • It doesn't matter why you were tested.

:devil::beer::devil:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had the test several times in falangland and once in Thailand - if you want to call that a test. The test in Thailand took about 5 minutes.

MightyMouse said:

Had the test several times in falangland ...

Me too, even though the wait for the result scares the hell out of me each time, it's only fair to other people, isn't it ?

I'd be mortified if I thought that I'd passed something like that onto one of the girls, (and thence onto others) - it's the same as giving them a death sentence.

I know condoms are pretty safe, but they're not an absolute guarantee, and every so often the damn things break... :doah:

TH,

Unless the process has changed in the past 18 months, you don't have to take an HIV test for a work permit. You simply have to tick a box that asks whether or not you have HIV. If you apply for PR, you do have to take the test.

Nevertheless, I and many people I know in Singapore refuse to take an HIV test in Singapore. I get mine done in Thailand or the US.

Well, all I can say is when my employment pass came up for renewal in late 1999 I had to take a HIV test as part of the medical. Into 2000, when I left, this was true for all my friends, consdering our lifestyle at the time, it caused great concern.

I refer you to the medical report that is required.

Why would you refuse an HIV test in Singapore in favor of one in Thailand? The US I can somewhat understand.

TH

>Why would you refuse an HIV test in Singapore in favor of one in Thailand?

Because if you *were* positive, they would boot your ass out of the country (and bar you from coming back) in about 1 minute. All positive tests have (legal requirement) to be reported to the government, and there is essentially no "anonymous" testing*. *Much* better to get tested where the consequences (work wise) are not so immediately drastic and you would have time to sort your shit out before boarding the big bird....

*Well, actually, there is *one* place set up to do anonymous testing in Singapore, over by Bras Basar if I recall correctly. Its run by Action for Aids, and they are only open on a saturday afternoon (or were). One time I did go there, only to go into meet the doc who was on duty to be greeted with a cheery "Hello Josh, what are you doing here"....sigh.

-j-

Had one performed last year by a dr. friend of a girl I was getting to know. After waiting about a week I called the dr. back. He said the normal tests we ok, but the hiv, well we seem to have a problem here. He waited on the line while I digested this news than laughted and he said all tests where negative. That was close...

Archived