Have you ever had an HIV test ???

dvarpala

dvarpala said:Have you ever been tested for HIV...???

Thanks to all of you who took part in the poll - if anyone remembers what it was... ::

It (thankfully) appears that the vast majority of us have had the test.

Any thoughts on the 18% though?

Non-sanukers, maybe?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see that, still, nobody has questioned or attempted to provide justification for the facts I provided about HIV testing in Thailand and the way it differs from the west, and the fact that people called Hiv positive in Thailand could very well not be positive if tested in the US or Europe or Australia, and the fact that a tremendous number of Thai Aids patients would not have Aids if they moved to the US or Europe where the Aids definition is different.

What other disease is treated in this way? Can you have a cold or cancer in one country but not have it in another? Please call other such examples to my attention.

You all should be very wary about getting tested in Thailand, because these same standards are applied to farangs here, not just Thais.

To other points, the major point is, that there is a very large group of scientists who dispute all this dogma about Hiv and Aids. Their credentials are second to none. The suppression of their point of view by the media and governments is unethical and unscientific in the extreme. And you have to wonder, when something is suppressed--why? Usually when thought is suppressed it's because there's a strong element of truth to it, and it threatens the powerful.

There are a hell of a lot of the Pillars of Society who would tumble if people found out the shaky science underlying "Hiv/Aids." A hell of a lot of big powerful rich people would "lose face" but big time. And that's not all they would lose. I think one could make a pretty good argument that, when threatened by loss of face, loss of wealth and loss of position, it is human nature that a powerful person would prefer that tens of millions of people should die, than that he should admit his own stupidity and corruption.

nobody has questioned or attempted to provide justification for the facts I provided about HIV testing in Thailand and the way it differs from the west

I read the entire post with interest and there were some very fair and eye opening points in it, but I actually thought this in particular was a weak exception. I am not surprised the standard of care in LOS for people earning 4000 baht a month is different than in the west. Post mortem testing can be even more lax; I saw something that if someone dies with 3 or more of 5 most common symptoms, it is chalked up to aids. I wouldn't expect this to have ultra high precision nor would I expect the west to use the same guidelines for classification. The more extensive western procedures up the confidence level, but they too are not infallable.

Can you have a cold or cancer in one country but not have it in another? Please call other such examples to my attention

Sure. Obesity has in the last week been reclassified as an illness in America. Not so elsewhere--yet.

>Save your effort..

Aye. Most like. I did do a long detailed reply to the last post, but my computer ate it, and frankly could not be arsed to go back and re do it. My bad. Arguing with virus myth/creationalists/flat earthers is *partly* a waste of time, *but* you have to remember that others do read the threads (for a while) who may have not yet made thier minds up. However, that being said, I think there is enough solid refutation here to allow it to lapse. Having *something* of a life and a career, finding the time to post comprehensive replies is time consuming.

I suppose, as my last efort, I would have to say to those "virus myth" beliviers - its your choice not to belive, even in the face of overwhelming evidence, BUT, remember that there are many, many sexually transmitted diseses out there some of which can stay with you for life. Don't be silly, put a condom on that willy....

-j-

The above is a very long and interesting discussion by some chaps who really seem to know what they are talking about. We are lucky to have such people debating on this forum.

At the end though I couldn't help wondering what the implications are for an old chap like me who really dislikes using a condom. But, I do so if I haven't had an opportunity to get the lassies to a lab that will do an AIDS test.

I enjoy an unprotected blow job but never do anal. Two questions:

1)Do you still recommend that I avoid unprotected sex with lassies to whom I haven't been properly introduced?

2) Are the AIDS tests that they offer in Bangkok and Phuket hospital clinics reliable?

By the way, I know what its like to have a false positive AIDS

test. This happened to me four years ago when I applied for a life insurance policy. It took a week to do a confirmation test during which I spent most of my time drawing up my will while making excuses for not bedding my partner. Not something that I would likew to repeat. On the other hand, even at my rather advanced age, life without a warm bed partner is not worth living.

Hi Oldtimer

I understand what you are saying (viz, with meds you can have a good few years with HIV, so whats the difference, if I may paraphrase). Well, the only two points are

1. There is a lot out there, and a dose of herpes, say, or warts, could severely limit your enjoyment of anything and

2. Its not only what you get, its what you may *pass on* that is also important.

So, in balance, however old one is, its definately better to "wrap up". That said, best of all is a long term steady (if you are SURE she is not screwing around on the side), with both of you having had two tests, separated by at least 3 months....

The tests here in any of the reputable clinics are probably OK. If a postive does come up, as you have already experienced, a second test is a MUST before jumping off any buildings. best of all, the second test would be by a different technique, normally the second test would be a "western blot" which is pretty damn accurate.

-j-

Archived