BKK's nightlife is dead - exagerated?

voodoo31

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gomez said:
So valuable why? What's going to go there?

I don't know about Nana, but you have to think that the Suk/Asok intersection will change dramatically with both the skytrain and subway stopping there.

---

And don't forget with the opening of the New Internat. Airport in 2006 many of the tourist's will not stay anymore in the Sukumvit Area who was till now near to the Highway to Don Muang.

Mentors said:I don't know about Nana, but you have to think that the Suk/Asok intersection will change dramatically with both the skytrain and subway stopping there.

has been discussed here extensively, but there is not yet any change; even the Asoke corner bars are still there; changes to a certain extend would not surprise me

Mentors said:

And don't forget with the opening of the New Internat. Airport in 2006 many of the tourist's will not stay anymore in the Sukumvit Area who was till now near to the Highway to Don Muang.

where should they stay then?? in the Cobra swamp itself; in Lat Krabang, Minburi, Bang Phli, Prawet, Bangkapi; all those are considerably closer to the New Airport, but have absolutely no tourist infrastructure. and new Hotels like Sofitel (former Clinton Plaza), Crown etc. and Service Apartments are still built up along Sukhumvit; so i do not think that the tourist crowd will significantly move after the switch to the new airport (where also significant delays and opening schedules of 2007 or further have been reported)

Archived