Friday 15 April

Social_Norm

The moderator's post in this thread is not recent so I just thought I would check that the info on Friday evening meetings at Gullivers is still current.

I understand that from 6:30 pm I should walk into the restaurant area and look towards the window where I should see a raised platform where board members meet?

I land at BKK at 15:00 and I intend to grab a taxi to Nana hotel a.s.a.p. I will have a wash and change and then would like to relieve the stress of my journey at Annie's or Eden Club.

I reckon I will get to Nana hotel around 5pm and should be receiving my relaxation therapy around 6pm. This would mean that I wouldn't get to Gullivers until around 8pm.

Will I be too late to meet members of this board there?

If anyone is going to be there I would be delighted to engage in a little social drinking before going on to look for a bedmate for the night.

That's assuming I find Gullivers. I've never been before.

Soi 5 is on the north side of Sukhumwit. As you go up the soi, you'll pass a big Foodland grocery on the left and a fairly new hotel on your right. Keep going until you see Gullible's on your right. It's easy to spot, fountains burbling etc. If you go in the main door, you'll see lots of people sitting around a long bar and apparently pretending they are in Milwaukee or some such place in the US. (I've never quite figure out why they come to Bangkok.) Ignore them and turn left into the side door, where you'll enter the dining area. I don't think Khun Sanuk will be out this Friday, but there will always be some folks sitting at the window tables. Don't worry, most of them are harmless despite their appearance. Just go up and introduce yourself.

:beer:

6:30? Don't be afraid if no one is there. The times that I show up that early only a handful are there if that.

By 7:15 there should be atleast 5 (depends how many show. Sometimes few as 5, other times as many as 20. Average somewhere in the middle).

<<burp>>

Archived