Fantasy Premier League 2005/06

peckieboy

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've changed it a milion times as well and it's definitely harder this season. Especially Hnery being montrously expensive which is why I have decided to leave him out.

Of course he'll score a shitload of points but without him I can choose a stronger team overall. ..Ah we'll see, probably made the wrong decisions as usual.

limbo said:

Haven't changed anything yet.

What are the major changes than? Can you guys please run them with me one more time.

Thanks!

The major changes I have seen are:

You must start 3 defenders each week.

Bonus points will be given in each game to the top 3 players with #1=3, #2=2, #3=1

And most of the "studs" from last season are starting with very high price tags so you have to dig harder to find the class amoung the second and third tier players...

sayjann said:

don't see the problem.

supposed to be a game where you are a Manager.

in the real World which Teams play a game with less then 3 dedicated Defenders?

Actually, I have a problem with it because this is "Fanasty" football. In what real world would a Gerrard and Garcia both have a value of 9 million? Same team, same position, but even a newbie like me knows that there is a world of difference between the value of those two guys....

By the way, I forgot to mention one of the BIG changes.... assists.

Can anyone make sence out of the new rules:

Assists

First Assists

These are awarded to a team-mate making the last pass before a goal is scored. If an own goal is scored there is no assist.

If a goalkeeper does not have control of the ball and parries a shot or drops a cross or the ball rebounds off the woodwork, the attacking player shooting or crossing the ball receives the assist if a goal directly ensues.

In the event of a penalty, the player earning the penalty gets an assist if the it is successfully scored, but not if he takes it himself in which case no assist is given. No assist is given for a player who earns a free kick that subsequently results in a goal.

No assist is given to a player who simply touches the ball sideways from a free kick, or to the penalty taker when penalties are saved or come back off the woodwork before a goal is scored.

An assist is only given if the pass from the free kick enhances the opportunity to score.

Also, if during a pass to a team-mate that results in a goal, an opposing player significantly alters the speed or direction of the ball, then no assist is given.

Second Assists

If an additional player makes a significant contribution before a goal is scored, then that player is awarded a second assist. This would involve having a major influence in the move either directly before or after the first assist.

Errrrr

Shilo

it may be 'Fantasy Football' but it still has to be played similar to the real Game.

ideally i would like to pick 11 Forwards,but as we know that is improbable as well.

the assists are good but i think they have made it complicated in the layout of the wording.

i understand what they mean and not a problem as they do all the work for us and no thinking required from us.

i've always thought that Players creating a Goal with the final pass should be rewarded.

there are many Players in the PL who create Goals Week in,Week out but they don't get the credit for it...........until now.

Archived