Fantasy Premier League 2005/06

peckieboy

I think that this year each of us will have a bigger impact on our scores. Last year you could just pick the players with the best form and go for goals and assists. But many times you'd look at the Actim rankings and wonder about the disconnect. Players with high Actim marks had low fanasty scores. This year you have to look at the total player.

From the sites new rules:

Quote:

Points scoring changes

The number of points awarded to a clean sheet for a Midfielder has been reduced from 2 to 1. The new Actim Index bonus will help reward good defensive player by midfielders.

Take Gerrard and Downing yesterday as an example. They both played so got a point, played over 60 minutes so got another point, and had clean sheets which this year is a point rather then two. But there were no points for scoring. On Tuesday we'll learn who got bonus points.

Quote:

The old three points bonus has been replaced with a system where the top three players in each game according to the Actim Index, will receive bonus points. Three bonus points will be awarded to the highest ranked player, two points to the second and a single point to the third. These points will be credited on a Tuesday for Weekend and Monday matches and on a Thursday for Tuesday and Wednesday matches.

I think that Gerrard will get the three points but I'm not sure who will get the rest. If I'm right then Gerrard ends up with more points then any other midfielder on either team in the game. Which is fair because he was the best player out there in a 0-0 game.

This year we'll have the same headaches as last year but will now have to evaluate players based on their total game and not just on scoring goals...

Go Prowlers

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arsenal 2-Newcastle 0

i may as well milk it one more time as with this game and another to go i will slip down the table.........

AM I STILL TOP?.................

YES,YES,YES........... :chili: :chili: :chili: :chili: :chili: :chili:

i will have to make up for my disappointment by persuading the GF to retire to the bedroom for a while.......... :hubba:

still trying to persuade her to scream Goal whenever she comes........... :grinyes:

i wondered who would be the 1st to make a comment.

i don't care,i had my moment of glory and Charlton must milk their moment of glory as they will not be there very long either.

at least i have been top Matey,can you say the same?......... :nono:

and will you ever top the Table this Season?............ :wave::neener:

seems like with Essien signing, he and Lampard may be the only two chelsea midfielders to buy as everyone else will be in and out or substituted.

50 points and bonuses to come. Think I will take that every week thank you very much. :)

I think I might need a slight adjustment to get 3 strickers playing every week but apart from that, I am happy with the overall selection.

after the bonuses i am only 7 Points behind you and i can live with that at this stage.

just to keep you and Zaad in sight is my aim and eventually pull off the coup of the Season and romp ahead..........

anyway what does an Arsenal Supporter know about Football?.

and a gloryhunter to boot............. :neener:

Well, I can't complain about getting 9 points from the bonus awards. I expected to get the 3 for Rooney and Darren Bent. But the other 3 were for Downing?

Can anyone who saw the game explain how Gerrard didn't get any bonus points? He had an awesome game, 7 shots on goal, and strong on the defensive side as well. And yet Downing gets the 3, Schwarzer (MI goalie) gets the 2... which I can except... but Zenden gets the 1.

There is NO way that Zenden was the 3rd best player in the game and he clearly didn't out play Gerrard ::

Oh well, I'm still happy with a 10th place showing after the first week ::

Archived