Fantasy Premier League 2005/06

peckieboy

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pom Michael said:

Hey!

Where is the 2005 Champ? I don't see Frog Patrol in the list yet.

Hurry up!

Where can we meet to watch the game on Saturday?

Cheers!

I leave for LA tomorrow very early a.m., so won't be going out tonight. I'll miss the Arse Sun, plus all next week's fixtures.

On another note, I've thought about it quite a bit, and I've decided it might be best if I don't enter the competition this year.

The situation is that I am going to be travelling extensively btwn now and December, then moving from LOS back home, starting a new job, and looking for houses over the next several months.

So, there will be extended periods w/out web access, and plenty of patches where I doubt I'll be able to keep up with the footie.

So, unless I have a last minute change of heart, the frogs will probably be hibernating for some much needed R and R. Check "Maggies" in Beijing for a few of their strikers.

I wish all of you the best of luck.

froggo

frogpatrol said:

The situation is that I am going to be travelling extensively btwn now and December, then moving from LOS back home, starting a new job, and looking for houses over the next several months. froggo

Yo Froggo , don't forget that offer i made ya on my condo... :grinyes: , if you need any help in LA , let me know... :relieved:

Bada :beer: Bing

These new bonus scores aren't done yet. They take their time, don't they?

I nearly went for Darren Bent and Jason Roberts this season as they were top of the Championship's Actim ratings last season and Bent had been in cracking form for Charlton in pre-season. But I decided to play safe with Defoe. It remains to be seen if Bent can continue in this form for this particular team - after all, since when have Charlton had a top-scoring striker? :dunno:

Blackburn had been doing fantastically in pre-season against some good teams and West Ham didn't look up to much so I put 3 of them in my team (and wanted to put more in!). Tottenham were my other big bet. Mixed success so far...

Well, I lucked out and added Darren Bent to my squad. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll turn into the Andy Johnson of '05. And I thought I was safe with Friedel in there against West Ham... christ, I'm not sure if he gave up 3 goals to ANY team last year, let alone a promoted team.

But my big question is still out there and I won't know the answer for a couple of weeks. Was it a mistake to ignore Henry and settle for a Rooney in order to have an extra 3 mill to strengen the rest of the team? I'm guessing yes. Had I taken Henry, there was no way that I could have fielded Lampard, Robben, Terry, and Gerrard.

I'll take any one of those 4 along with Rooney and bet my season that I'll score more points then an Henry and a "middle of the road" player. But then I've been wrong before....

Did I mention that I thought I had a lock on a clean sheet with Friedle :o

Archived