Fantasy Premier League 2005/06

peckieboy

Guys,

I'm also playing the I Know the Score game and this should allow me acces to the King Of Leagues game. However, I only get the sign on page. Anybody knows how to contact the game providers, since they don't seem to have a contact us button anywhere I looked.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shilo said:

Can anyone who saw the game explain how Gerrard didn't get any bonus points? He had an awesome game, 7 shots on goal, and strong on the defensive side as well. And yet Downing gets the 3, Schwarzer (MI goalie) gets the 2... which I can except... but Zenden gets the 1.

There is NO way that Zenden was the 3rd best player in the game and he clearly didn't out play Gerrard ::

If you look at the stats, Downing, Scwarzer and Zenden all have an index of 0.12 (highest was Darren Bent at 0.48) with Warnock and Morientes at 0.11 also outscoring Gerrard (who doesn't show in the top 100). Maybe their mysterious formula deducts points for missing decent chances!

In fact, I just read this!

Calculation 2 ? Assesses a player?s performance in each game, by allocating points for actions that positively contribute to a winning performance such as shots, tackles, clearances and saves. It also takes points away from players for negative actions such as yellow/red cards and shots off target.

Yes, and what seems most important is their contribution to a WINNING team. If you look at last week's results, where a team won, all 3 bonuses go to that team - obviously it's different if there is a draw.

This means that all 3 bonuses go to Chelsea, despite an excellent performance by Wigan, and Crespo got the 3 points despite only being on for half an hour.

i'm not sure wether the bonus points are a good idea.

as you say Wigan performed well but Chelsea Players seemed to have got the points because they won.

i cannot look at the scores as i cannot access the Website at the moment.

did many Wigan Players get the bonus?....

Long Gun said:

Yes, and what seems most important is their contribution to a WINNING team. If you look at last week's results, where a team won, all 3 bonuses go to that team - obviously it's different if there is a draw.

This means that all 3 bonuses go to Chelsea, despite an excellent performance by Wigan, and Crespo got the 3 points despite only being on for half an hour.

Are you sure only players from a winning team get a bonus? You can't prove it from the first round of games because no one in a losing team got more Actim points than any three players in his opponent's team. Maybe it's just a symptom because conceding a goal is such a negative points contributor?

What if a player from a losing team got all his shots and passes on target, scored his team's only goal and yet lost 2-1 to a team which had a similarly dominant player (with the rest of his team mates being hopeless). Also say that the first player was substituted just before his team conceded the 2 goals. I think that player would get bonus points, wouldn't he?

(Damn, btw, that others are looking so seriously at the Actim factor. I thought only I had that level of obsession. ::)

2 things confuse me and that's not a difficult thing to do.

i looked at the Managers Table (overall) and it shows scores from 99-82 points

then i look at the August Managers table and it has scores from 143-120 points.

shouldn't they both be the same? and if not what is the difference between the 2 links?.

bonus points.

i have Van Nistelrooy as my Captain and as he will not be playing in Gameweek 3 i will transfer him out to put in a Forward who will be playing.

now after his and MU's performance i would imagine he will get at least 1 bonus point.

but due to having to go to work (8 Hours before the next set of games kick-off) there might be a chance that i will be transferring him out before the bonus points are awarded.

if i do this will i lose any bonus awarded to him?.

if so this does not seem to be fair as not my fault i have to do things way in advance.

Archived