<sigh> Has the NEP disease spread to Cowboy?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why I started going to that place on the corner of Sukhumvit 1. Sukhumvit Plaza? Problem is, I should have started from the back and worked my way forward. I started seeing one of the Morning Night II girls regularly, so now I can't walk past the bar without her grabbing onto me. A sweet thing, and I don't want to piss her off, so there needs to be a second entrance,. BUT, all the girls in the building are very pleased with 1000 baht ST.

Now I go a lot to Queen's Plaza on Soi 22. They are equally happy with 1000 ST.

suadum said:

.... I then reach into my pocket and grab another B20 and give it directly to the waitress. Moreso because I have known her a while, not because she did a bang-up job -- but I didn't tell her that, I just said thanks. She looks at it, says "mai ao" and stuffs it into my shirt pocket and walks away. Hmmmm. Man, I know that I would never say no to free money no matter how much I have (I'll pick up a baht coin on the ground LOL!). That's just stupid not to take it!

maybe you just looked down on your luck and you needed it more than her :)

But seriously, its free money, so why the refusal especially to a regular customer. :: It surely cant be that she wants more.

suadum said:

she then goes into a tirade "Your fliend you kee niao. He only give me B1500!" I raise my eyebrows and say "Arai na?" and she repeats that, looking for me to agree with her and ends with "I want B2K ST!".

How to win friends and influence people! yes, i really want telling that my friend who has been in here and bought drinks and paid the bar fine and given you 1500b is not a good person.

just as well i never went with you guys. i would have burst out laughing and maybe started a fight.

its an ominous sign , their expectations are rising all the time .

high season is coming soon so it s like a feeding frenzy .

maybe the mamasans and BFs and pimps are driving them harder for faster results. Look at the bar for sale prices stick is talking about now , really huge sums of dosh , so the takings have to go higher to justify these sale prices.

maybe it s better to get down to pattaya right away and bypass BKK.

I've noticed the increased amounts of attitude brewing for a while now. I'm pretty convinced it's linked with the growing number of guys entering the scene, and their willingness to accept whatever prices the girls ask for.

I agree the girls in Cowboy are generally more laid back than their NEP sisters, but as you saw, that's starting to change. The service girl refusing your tip is a prime example. Sounds like she was offended that you offered up *only* 20 baht, and that's bad news IMO. The girls are quoting crazy starting prices, and it's not just the stunners. The days of offering up 1500LT and having the girl happily accept are quickly becoming a thing of the past.

[color:"green"] ... She of course asked for a drink and I said no (as I usually do with wait staff), mainly because I was already with a girl. Cut to time to check-bin. Waitress comes over to handle this task and brings back the change. I leave the normal loose change and a B20 not as a tip in the folder. I then reach into my pocket and grab another B20 and give it directly to the waitress. Moreso because I have known her a while, not because she did a bang-up job -- but I didn't tell her that, I just said thanks. She looks at it, says "mai ao" and stuffs it into my shirt pocket and walks away. ... [/color]

You live and work in Asia and don't understand "face"? :neener:

That is why she turned down the 20 baht because she lost face in from of her friends when you refused to buy her a drink.

As SC in decline of quality, that is certainly true. I trace to new owners buying up the old gogos, doing a refurb. AND then raising prices AND putting pressure on the girls for more barfines/LDs to get higher ROI. Midnite is a prime example. Mai sanuk. :(

Don't no but hope tofind out.

Is ot worth losing me girl 4 2 wk hols. Mates confirmed going me nearly bur g friend knows the score time is ticking due to leave 12 nov

Have we had this conversation before? ;)

I know you like Dollhouse better than I, but IMO it's sucked for quite a while now. It was the perfect spot for Annoying Pierced Girl before she moved on to bother us elsewhere. Every time I've been convinced to go there I see the same thing; either the girls aren't interactive, or they're friendly up to the point they realize they're not getting BF'd, or they get their LD and keep working the bar anyway (the "star"--you know to whom I refer--does this constantly).

The only reason to go is to listen to the manager's amazing barrage of tasteless jokes and watch him consume Breezers like a Texas SUV sucking gas.

Nonetheless, as a made man the way the waitress acted toward you was very strange. And, as you well know, contrary to what another poster said this is nothing about losing face 'cause you didn't buy her a LD.

As to Greedy NNB Girl, time for her to move to Deja Vu, or to NEP. Fortunately the manager will see to that.

Yes, the NEPization of Cowboy continues apace. Some bars are just no-go areas now. Oh, well, as long as we know which ones are still decent.

See ya soon.

Archived