End of year comp - show me the money!

Nervous_Dog

OK - $ first, Mekong has donated his half of that "Bet", 127, your sending it ot me how?

I also have a GREAT 1 gig thumb drive - Paul 101

A bottle of real tequila from Mexico, good stuff I am told, not the usual cheap stuff

OH is donating a variety of bits,

Suadan has been throwing his body along with others at the achane massage parlour

WHo else have I over looked?

So - a Competition, Best Photo entered? What for the end of year, as opposed to December theme?

At beggining of year we discussed this, but heck, what do we think now!

LOTS of goodies!

DOG

Nervous_Dog said:

Suadan has been throwing his body along with others at the achane massage parlour

WHo else have I over looked?

That would be Akane LOL! It is hard work, but someone's gotta do it!

But thank Ikkrang for the idea and at least half or your stock of 1/10 free passes! Of which, I have another for you.

Cheers,

SD

when i am in BKK (1st weel of Jan). But I really would like to see full transparency on that special contest. I would rather give 50$ to a charity of your choice than to someone who lifted a pix from the net or anyone who told a dozen friends, more or less, to give his pix a little push and keep others under "leash", not too overtly, but enough that it makes a difference.

All things benign and expected (no wrathful finger-pointing accusation on my part), but once in a while, especially to usher in a new year with the best possible karma, I think max transparency is nice.

I think the idea of having BKK photoraph residents to judge that one, as for the writinig contest, is a good one.

Yes, but I can say without asking that Shrimp is a no-go. He is quite anti-social these days (for good reason, if you understand).

But there are at least two professional photogs that I know of on this board, who do not participate in our silly little contests, who at least lurk. So maybe one of them could do it...if they care to expose themselves, or at least their profession (for I will not). And if they can be arsed to look at our silly little pix. Gents? (if you look at this, can PM for privacy)

Cheers,

SD

PS - I will mention it if/when I see them next, but also do not expect any acceptance. However, they may do it "incognito". This I will also propose, if acceptable to all.

K. Dog

I volunteered a bottle of good Aussie Shiraz, but didn't specify for what comp...Up to you...if you want to include it here (or elsewhere)

Will be in town from Dec 11 and will bring with me.

If you need it sooner, I could maybe ask "Tiger" to bring it back when he visits at the end of month.....I'll just stick it in my "Boogie board" bag and give it to him to bring up...no problems.

Hi,

If we are talking about the 'mini portfolio' idea that has been recently suggested, put me down for the donation of an ellesse watch to the prize fund, if not I will donate the same when we get round to running the mini portfolio as a theme. :)

Hi - well, as the main sponsor I vote myself judge HAHAHAHA (manic laugh) allong with the fact I owned Australia leading Photographic gallery of the 80's and early 90's, and teaching some of Australia leading art photographers

So there!

Also 127 - No one else giving prizes doubts the validity of the entries, any time there has been problems, KS and myself have spotted it just about immiadiatly, are you suggesting otherwise??????

DOG

nope, sugesting it can be done so that it'd be hard to clamp down on it. The basis of transparency or not in any election. May be fair, may not be. personally, I think for example, giving a 1 on a contender at day 5 or 6, while the other contending pix are neither voted for or noted that badly, should be annulated.

Anyway, does not matter as far as monthly contest, just speaking fo the special year end contest, which deserves, IMO, a treatment like the writing contest. the photographers cannot be members, IMO. A case of humanure as old trink would say.

Susu, if the writing essays were not about silliness, I'd say likewise for a selection of the best pix. I actually did not think the jury would be meeting at Gullivers, just easy to ask permission to send the shots to them, to re-send their 1,2,3 vote for example. to KS. It will take them less or as much time than to writers reading 3 essays.

Anyway, that's the only way I accept to enter my pix in the year-end contest. Any other way, I will be sure that by withdrawing, no one will say I am trying to recoup my 50$, if it happens I get lucky or people think I cheated.

PS: Shrimp is indeed less outgoing. But if we don't ask, we don't know. Our pix have nothing outrageous in them, when i think of it.

PS2:also, i ask that LHL's "transporatation"winner be withdrawn lest he comes forward and establishes once and for all he took that pix.

Archived