Testosterone now available as a cream!

New Petchburi Pete

An American doctor working for the Genesis Pharmaceutical Company ("Rejuvenation Products") in Singapore developed a formulation of Testosterone, dispensed as a cream from a pump canister for topical use. This has been marketed in Thailand for a few weeks now. It's called "Derma-Test 100;" and, it's a "natural" hormone which is derived from the wild yam plant, and is biochemically and molecularly identical to the human hormone. Each canister contains 50 grams, with each gram (4-5 pumps) containing 100 mg of testosterone.

If you notice a reduced libido, testosterone replacement therapy may be indicated. However, my best advice is to discuss testosterone therapy with a competent physician. One's blood level should be tested first to see if they require replacement therapy; and, if so, what the dosage should be. Periodic blood levels should also be obtained. "Andropause" is far more common than thought in males over age 40. Daily application, by applying to underside of forearms and rubbing both left and right undersides together to rub in after morning showering, is recommended. The cost is 1900 Bt./canister or even higher, depending upon where it is bought. A canister is generally a one month's supply. If in Pattaya and interested in obtaining this product, send me a PM and I'll direct you to a pharmacy that will sell it for 1700 Baht. This compares quite favorably to "Androgel" which is sold in the U.S. for about $200.00 (without insurance) for 30 packets, a one month's supply for most.

This method of delivery is vastly superior to the IM injections. Daily application to the skin eliminates the spikes (and valleys) of the IM injections. Endrocrinologists feel that this will help reduce the increased risk of prostate cancer posed by the IM injections. Oh yeah, make sure you have a digital exam before initiating any testosterone therapy and at least a yearly follow-up (also a PSA blood test). Also, the cream eliminates the nuissance of having injections at clinics, some of which aren't exactly the cleanest. If you are receiving the IM injections, always insist upon watching the doctor or nurse open a new, sterile packlage for both syringe and needle.

One other point should be made about using "Derma-Test," the new cream based product. Make sure you allow enough time for complete absorption (probably a couple of hours) before allowing contact of your forearms with a female companion, otherwise, she may absorb some of the testosterone.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I meant to add that testosterone (form: testosterone undecanoate, so not pure testosterone) has been available in LOS in gel capsule form for quite some time. However, due to inconsistencies in gastrointestinal absorption (etc.), most doctors don't recommend this form of therapy. :down:

If you need replacement therapy, go for the cream. :up:

Sounds tempting, and I really want to believe it, but I'm skeptical of the claims here.

I take "Androsol" capsules now -- in Thailand -- and that has made a positive difference in my overall endurance and stamina.

I especially notice the improvement during the hot months.

But I know the oral capsules are not the best way to take testosterone supplements.

If something more effective and less expensive were available, I'd be eager to try it.

But reading Lowjit's thread here makes me wonder if this is yet another, indirect, Internet marketing ploy.

The reason for doubting is that a search on "Ask.com" turns up surprisingly few references to this product name.

All those references are from either body-builder forums or sites advertising supplements for men with a sexual angle.

Not a single reference to a medical or health-advisory web site.

Strange.

The only extensive reference to this product was on a body-building forum.

Nothing wrong with that, but hardly a dependable source of accurate, medical advice.

And something else strange:

The presentation, words and phrases in the posts on that forum seem awfully close to those in Lowjit's posts here.

Judge for yourself -- here's the link: http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/history/topic/4983-1.html

I really want more information on this product.

Lowjit, can you post a link to the manufacturer's web site?

Or to other sources evaluating this product?

I want to learn more about this, but, at this point I am totally skeptical.

Khun 004,

Some of my post I quoted directly from the canister, so I'm sure my post would sound similar to the presentation you came across. I did this for accuracy. I'm sure you know that many body builders, especially in Thailand use testosterone or one of it's precursors. In all likelyhood, most of the testosterone products purchased in LOS are for the purpose of bulking out and not for actual testosterone replacement therapy. I've heard people refer to BKK as the testosterone capital of the world! Well, from all the hulks I see walking around Pattaya, Sin City may indeed be the forerunner. It should come as no surprise that the body builders would jump on a product like this.

Do a Google Search for "Derma-Test 100" and for "Genesis" rejuvenation products. Although it is being marketed and distrbuted by Genesis, it is produced by "Unigen Life Sciences," so do a search there as well.

This is a fairly new product, so it does not surprise me that you may not find significant, specific medical information regarding it. I'd compare it to Androgel and read up on that. And, if you know an endocrinologst who is familiar with Androgel, ask him about the increasd risks of prostate cancer associated with Androgel compared to those related to the oral 'supplements.' I am not sure what you are paying for the oral supplements; but, for less risk(s) and a more even daily blood level, the gel (Androgel) and the new cream form (derma-Test) are well worth the extra cost. I believe most endocrinologists would even favor the IM injections over the oral capsules.

I can assure you that I am in no way related to the marketing of this product. My sole purpose was to provide information about the recent availability of a transdermal application of testosterone vs. the IM injections and oral capsules.

Khun004,

Glad to provide any info I can. My best advice, if you can afford it, is to try a month's supply and compare results with the oral supplements you currently take. And, of course, consult with a good endocrinologist if you can.

The more even the testosterone blood level, the lower the risk of prostate cancer. BTW, the last time I checked stats, the incidence (in the U.S. at least) of prostate cancer for men was almost equal to that of breast cancer for women! That reminds me of one point I forgot to bring up in my thread about having a digital exam. Sometimes polyps can be felt on the digital exam; and, with respect to those, early detection is critical for prevention (and treatment) of colon cancer which can be lethal.

Archived