Testosterone now available as a cream!

New Petchburi Pete

Yeah, ... just noticed the triple reply. Not surprising having seen some very strange happenings with my aging (down but not out ... yet) computer nightmare. It's in my bedroom which my wife swears is haunted, so maybe my machine is possessed? :eek:

Just a note about the "Testoviron" for IM injection here in LOS ... evidently, there's a new form out which allows an individual to have a single therapeutic injection only every 6-8 weeks. Don't ask me to explain how that works. But, I can tell you that it's expensive ... for the 'average' dose about 8000. Baht ! :shocked:

Maybe a bit off topic, but still on the subject of testosterone: keep in mind, that one's levels drop when living in a hot climate. Sperm count itself is somehow related to temperature. Time to ice down the ballinis? :stirthepo

Will mankind become extinct with global warming? :dunno:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dropped into Top Pharmacy today to further inquire about "Derma - Test 100." I misunderstood what I had previously been told. Top Pharmacy is not the only pharmacy in Thailand to carry this product; but, it was one of the first. It may well be available at certain pharmacies in Bangkok; but, they could not list any.

I asked the pharmacist if this product was listed in any Thai pharmacy catalogues and was told no, it is not as it can sometimes take two years or more for new (newer) products to be listed. Also, it's new in Thailand; but, has been in Europe for at least two years.

The pharmacist gave me a business card for "Genesis Meds - Enhancement Pharmaceuticals," which lists their web site: Link .

I checked the site quickly, and they list "Derma -Test 100" in gel form. A 30 gram tube is listed at 10%, or 100mg/gram. So, like the cream/lotion in the 50 gram cannister, a 30 gram tube is ordinarily a one month's supply. It appears that you can order it online, although I didn't check the price. You may also be able to inquire with them as to where in Bangkok the cream (or gel?) can be purchased.

BTW, the advantage of the cream (and gel) over the oral forms is a marked decrease in the risk of prostate cancer. Apparantly, the incidence of CA with the cream is only 0.01% to 0.02%. It's definitely higher with the oral forms and also with IM injection.

In the spirit of the testosterone discussion, I'd like to provide the following info from the "Genesis" web site ... www.genesismeds.com

Keep in mind that their goal is to sell you their products, speaking of which there are several that would be attractive to the body builders who chimed in on this topic. For unbiased information and clinical advice seek assistance from a qualified endocrinologist.

"Testosterone is the primary androgenic/anabolic hormone in the body of men and women. As men age past year 35, hormonal changes occur that perceptibly inhibit physical, sexual, and cognitive function. The average male in his 40's has only 33% to 50% of the level of androgen (testosterone) he had in his 20's. This decline in testosterone plays an important role in a series of signs and symptoms that accompany the aging process, such as a decline in virility libido, sexual activity, muscle mass, strength and bone mass (osteoporosis) as well as an increase in abdominal fat mass. A decrease in the feeling of general well-being sometimes manifests as depression, a common psychological complication of hormone imbalance.

If doctors checked their male patient's blood levels of estrogen and testosterone (instead of prescribing drugs to treat symptoms), they might be surprised to learn that adjusting hormone levels to fit the profile of a healthy 21-year-old can eliminate many problems.

The most significant hormone imbalance in aging men is a decrease in free testosterone while estrogen levels remain the same or precipitously increase. Through a variety of mechanisms, as men grow older, they suffer from the dual effects of having too little testosterone and excess estrogen. The result is a testosterone/estrogen imbalance that directly causes many of the debilitating health problems associated with normal aging.

If serum (blood) testosterone levels are very low, it is important to diagnose the cause, but no matter what the underlying problem, therapies exist today to safely restore testosterone to youthful levels in any man (who does not already have prostate cancer).

Testosterone is much more than a sex hormone. There are testosterone receptor sites in cells throughout the body, most notably in the brain and heart. Youthful protein synthesis for maintaining muscle mass and bone formation requires testosterone. Testosterone improves oxygen uptake throughout the body, helps control blood sugar, regulate cholesterol, and maintain immune surveillance. The body requires testosterone to maintain youthful cardiac output and neurological function. Testosterone is a critical hormone in the maintenance of healthy bone density, muscle mass, and red blood cell production. Of concern to psychiatrists are studies showing that men suffering from depression have lower levels of testosterone than control subjects. For some men, elevating free testosterone levels could prove to be an effective anti-depressant therapy. There is a basis for free testosterone levels being measured in men suffering from depression and replacement therapy initiated if free testosterone levels are low normal or below normal.

Some of the beneficial effects of Testosterone are:

â?¢ Excellent anabolic qualities and the resulting lean tissue augmentation

â?¢ Increase in muscle size and strength gains

â?¢ Increased muscle glycogen synthesis

â?¢ Increased athletic performance and endurance

â?¢ Increase fat mobilization and decrease fat synthesis

â?¢ Promotes red blood cell count for improved oxygen /nutrient transport and vascularity

â?¢ Increased bone density, formation, and mineral use

â?¢ Increased creatine phosphate (CP) synthesis and storage

â?¢ Enhanced recovery and regenerative qualities

â?¢ Improved cortisol control and protein sparing qualities

â?¢ Androgenically induced brain function / training intensity

â?¢ Improved immune function/protection against autoimmune

â?¢ Increased metabolic rate

â?¢ Increased HDL/decreased LDL and total cholesterol

â?¢ Significant increase in libido & performance

â?¢ Improved self-confidence, energy, memory and sense of well-being

Patients on testosterone replacement therapy should be monitored to ensure that their testosterone levels are within normal ranges. The physician prescribing testosterone replacement should evaluate any changes in the clinical symptoms and signs of testosterone deficiency. Optimal serum levels are in the range of 700 mg/ml to 1000 mg/ml. Levels that fall outside these ranges may require adjustment of the dose or frequency."

Remember, this is the promotional slant of "Genesis." If you can a obtain a copy of "Male Sexual Health" by Dr. Richard Spark, Clinical Director of the Department of Endocrinology - Beth Israel - Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, and Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School (Boston), the clinical basis of testosterone replacement therapy is exlplained very well in lay terms (PI). Personally, I know Dr. Spark, an old time Army doc geiser, but still one of the testosterone gurus. BTW, he is considered the foremost expert witness in America for the prosecution in dispelling the notion that "roid rage" exists, or is a reasonable defense in cases where it's raised as a basis for defence in certain criminal instances.

• 3 weeks later...
If seriously interested, please call Top Pharmacy ...[snip]... Beyond that, my email address is listed in my profile. Email me, I'll take a picture of the product and you can see it for yourself.

Lowjit, I must say, that's a fair and generous offer.

Yes, I am/was strongly skeptical.

Yes, I did strongly challenge you on this topic.

But you repeatedly responded in a calm, forthright, and gentlemanly manner.

So, I will send you a private email.

I will transfer sufficient money to your bank account or mail you a money order -- whichever we can work out.

And I'll ask you to send me some of this product at your convenience.

Then I'll try it out for the month.

If it works half as well for me as it seems to have for you, I'll be very pleased.

OK, As I said, I'd be more than happy to do that for you. I would recommend obtaining a two month supply as it takes two weeks (literature says up to three) to achieve therapeutic level, although there's one friend in town now, and he claims to feel the benefits after only three days of use ... so I think the individual response can vary significantly.

Best yet (if so inclined) ... take the bus down for a day or two, and I'll meet you at the station. We'll go to the pharmacy together (just 2 Baht bus rides). Pick up a single ampule of the Testoviron (150 Bt.), and I'll take you to a decent clinic where a licensed physician will give you an IM injection (pretty painless and only a 50 Bt. fee) to get a kick start and also start the cream on the same day. By the time the injection falls below therapeutic value, the cream should be doing it's thing.

You'll be feeling your 'oats' within 15 minutes of the injection, so if you're in the mood to give your increased libido a test drive, there's a zillion areas of interest in the area!

So, send an eMail to my Yahoo address (just got my Broadband back up and running again today :)); and, if you're able to come down I'll pass along my mobile number. Chok dee.

Best yet (if so inclined) ... take the bus down for a day or two, and I'll meet you at the station.

This is very helpful.

Thank you, Lowjit.

I received your email; have just transferred money for 2-month supply of DermaTest-100 into your bank account; and am sending my address details to you by return email.

Best yet (if so inclined) ... take the bus down for a day or two, and I'll meet you at the station.

You have been very helpful.

Thank you, Lowjit.

I received your email; have just transferred money for 2-month supply of DermaTest-100 into your bank account; and am sending my address details to you by return email.

DermaTest-100 received by post today, here in Bangkok -- exactly as promised by Lowjit.

And packaged carefully and neatly.

Thank you.

I've just showered and applied first dose: a few "dabs" on forearms, then rubbed one arm against the other.

Has the consistency of hand lotion.

After about 10 seconds of rubbing, the lotion/creme completely disappears.

No greasy feeling at all.

Virtually no aroma.

I purchased two canisters -- a two months' supply -- as suggested by Lowjit earlier in this thread.

At age 61 I'm not expecting miracles, but I hope to have more stamina -- both day and night. :smirk:

Archived