Where are they now

Daveit

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I know Nana Angels Disco is renamed and reopened as Nana Liquid.

Here is a several years old video on youtube: Nana angels disco march.

3 o'clock in the night – finish – and the last guests and girls leave the disco.

In Germany this video is not available any more. because of the rights of the music

played in the background of this video.

Here is a video of the new Nana Liquid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NNCgo_DVJY&feature=related

<< In Germany this video is not available any more. because of the rights of the music played in the background of this video. >>

Huh? The Liberty Bell March was written by John Philips Souza in 1893. There is no way it can be under copyright. That is one reason Monte Python used the march - it was free. The US Marine Corps band played it at Obama's inauguration because of the obvious connection to Monte Python's Election Night sketch.

Unless you mean that awful racket in the second video. It deserves to be banned. :)

p.s. Hiya, guy. :wave:

<< In Germany this video is not available any more. because of the rights of the music played in the background of this video. >>

Huh? The Liberty Bell March was written by John Philips Souza in 1893. There is no way it can be under copyright. That is one reason Monte Python used the march - it was free. The US Marine Corps band played it at Obama's inaugruation becuase of the obvious connection to Monte Python's Election Night sketch. :)

I am in Hamburg and when I click the link, I get the following message:

"Dieses Video ist in Deutschland leider nicht verfügbar, da es möglicherweise Musik enthält, für die die erforderlichen Musikrechte von der GEMA nicht eingeräumt wurden. Das tut uns leid."

I try to translate:

This video is unfortunately not available in Germany, because it „möglicherweise“ = possibly ( perhaps, it might be that) contains music, the GEMA did not grant (or did not allow).

We are sorry. Das tut uns leid.

In many cases we get this message and in many cases it is bullshit.

Yes, the march played in the backgroeund is by John Philip Sousa, the composer of the famous Stars and Stripes.

Greetings from Hamburg

The Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg

Unless you mean that awful racket in the second video. It deserves to be banned. :)

Yes, that awful sound is typical for "Karaoke".

An amateur with a totally untraind voice produces himself as a SUPERSTAR. Horrible.

In German discos and music clubs there are a lot of young people try to act as the super singer star.

Karaoke came into vogue some years ago when German private TV channel RTL started the series or TV-show „Deutschland sucht den Superstar“ = Germany searches the superstar.

That is TV-TRASH, but many young people like it.

The show is moderated by Dieter Bohlen, the guy from Modern Talking.

He acts like an asshole, abusing and insulting the young competitors of his show.

In the eighties he had a lot of world hits like:

You’re My Heart, You’re My Soul

You Can Win If You Want,

Cheri Cheri Lady,

Brother Louie

Atlantis Is Calling (S.O.S. for Love)

Huh? The Liberty Bell March was written by John Philips Souza in 1893. There is no way it can be under copyright. That is one reason Monte Python used the march - it was free. The US Marine Corps band played it at Obama's inauguration because of the obvious connection to Monte Python's Election Night sketch.

The performance may be copyrighted.

Let us get back to the topic:

Daveit, the Washington Square is a dying place.

Read the thread of „The:_Munchmuster“: Status Of Washington Square Bars

in the section Expat Nightlife. Here is the link:

http://t2.thai360.com/index.php?/topic/57692-status-of-washington-square-bars/

- - - - - - - - - -

But now to the other questions. What about

(1) Nana Liquid disco – the former Nana angels disco?

(2) Golden Beer Bar – outside of the Nana hotel on soi 4?

I entered this disco for the first time about 20 years ago. About 1992 or so.

It was amazing, marvellous and breathtaking. The disco was crowded with girls.

The boy:girl ratio was about 1:3 or 1:4, sometimes 1:5 and more.

Back home in farlang-land a girl:boy ratio of 100:130 or 100:140 is normal.

The girls were charming, smiling, willing and cheap.

You got a girl for 1000 Baht LT and that fantastic girl-friend-experience (GFE) on top!

(3) What about the Thermae today??

This coffe-shop or music-club or bar has been my headquarter, my center of the universe for many years.

Girls, girls, girls as far as the eye could see.

Boy:girl ratio about 1:4. The selection of girls appeared to be unreal.

At home in farlang-land I was used to a ratio of 100 girls : 140 boys in places like discos, music-clubs, trendy bars and other meeting points for young people in the age group from 18/20 to about 40 years.

And here there were dozens or hundreds of nice, charming, laughing, willing girls waiting for me (and my 1000 Baht). And I got that fantastic GFE!

At that times the Thermae was open till 6 o'clock in the morning.

Sweet memories.

So, what about the Thermae today, these days?

I haven't been in the Thermae in maybe a year, but last time was the place was packed. A lot of the freelancers from Soi Thaniya had moved to the Thermae, since there aren't so many Japanese tourists these days. Pickings were good, from what I could see.

As far as I know, the Golden Beer Bar is the same as always.

As far as I know, the Golden Beer Bar is the same as always.

Only difference I could discern in 10 years (2002-2012) is that I dont recall any Farang women in the bar on my initial visits, and they seem to have fewer actual BGs - most are just there to bring you a drink. Fine with moi.

Archived