Time again for da Big Game: Hurricanes vs Semen-oles!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I never got to play in one (the first was a couple years after I graduated), but the "Catholics vs Convicts" series* was good fun (even tho' we were robbed in '88). Needless to say, I am rooting for Meeee-chi-gun!

Cheers,

SD

* - We played ND, and beat them 3 of 4 (lost my freshie year), but it was not the really firece rivalary that started in '85 and got hotter each year (the C vs C years I referenced) until ND wimped out and pulled out of the series.

Tuesday morning, 0700 Bangkok time. I am so thankful for the TVUPlayer (Froggo, I still am kissing the ground you walk on :bow: for that tip)! :nono:

Suadum

Thnaks for mentioning TVU as I have not seen that before.

I just downloaded it and am enjoying watching some American channels (even enjoying the ads). I will have to increase my internet download speed if I want to watch a football game at reasonable speed I guess. Thanks.

'canes' vs. 'noles'? Sounds so 90's to be of national import. But what do I know? Just getting back from a nearly 5K-mile roundtrip this weekend to see my (overrated) #9 Cal Bears be embarassed by a wounded Tennessee. Too early for us laid-back Californians to visit Rocky Top and 100,000+ crazies. Next road trip will be to the Coliseum in November which may be a more positive result agianst SC and a return to the Top 10. Miami by a missed FG.

I couldnt watch the whole game but caught the better part of the frist half. I was surprised that Florida State pulled it out seeing as how they couldnt manage a first down for quite a while.

Coming away with no points after that interception deep in FS territory certainly didnt help Miami.

Did anyone catch the extended coverage on this game? I watched it in HD, which was amazing and even switched over to the split screen for a while but got a headache trying to keep up with all the angles at once.

I can only imagine what they are going to do for the Superbowl. Hopefully a cheerleader feed isnt far behind. :cool:

Canes offense simply shut down in the second half. Shot themselves in both feet. Moreso than FSU making any real adjustments.

But to give credit where it is due, watch that kid Buster Davis, the MLB for FSU. He'll be a big time player when he hits the NFL! Very impressive. Think Ray Lewis, but hopefully without the police record.

I like the Canes safety Brandon Meriweather too. Another guy to watch when he graduates. Similar to, but not quite, Ed Reed of a few years back (who's maybe the best safety ever IMHO). A real playmaker.

But I am a defense guy. That's what I know.

Cheers,

SD

watch that kid Buster Davis, the MLB for FSU. He'll be a big time player when he hits the NFL! Very impressive. Think Ray Lewis, but hopefully without the police record.

I liked that kid Buster Davis. There are some that say he is too small at 5'10" but I remember they said the same thing about Mike Singletary and he turned out to be a pretty good MLB. :grinyes:

He reminds me of Singletary in that he always seems to give 110% and reads the play quickly and gets into position. I think too often people get wrapped up in stopwatches and tape measures. This guy is a football player.

As far as the criminal record is concerned, I thought that was a prerequisite for all Miami players :chili:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived